Page 1 of 2
while flipping through the channels yesterday, i found a pleasant surprise on MTV.
they were showing a rilo kiley video. i looked later and they were playing tegan & sara and silversun pickups.

...so.. thoughts?

i guess it shows that mtv has some kind of backbone towards decent music, even if i am not a huge fan of any of those bands.

but, of course, i hated them for it. do you think they are doing a good or a bad thing?
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
MTV's just jumping on the "indie" bandwagon, trying to get the new big thing. I think it's a sad attempt to salvage credibility among the younger generation, and personally I hope it doesn't work because MTV is just a train wreck barely able to keep itself afloat. It's time is gone.
vh1 classic is where it's at. i saw they might be giants' video for "ana ng" on there once.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
i cringe each time i am flicking through channels and i happen to see rilo kiley on mtv. i cringe each time i am flicking through channels and i happen upon mtv.
mtv 2 in the uk is balls. it used to be quite good especially about 3-4 years ago and i enjoyed shows such as 120 minutes and such.

these days its tripe.

also wtf is this mtv flux?
Bad.

And I don't mean the good "bad."

Great bands like those don't belong in the generic murkhole that is MTV.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
i love mtv shows like date my mom and the x-factor. work of genious
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
"Parental Control" and "High School Stories" is about as extensive as my MTV viewing gets.
parental control is ****ing awesome too.
i those stupid shows
Okay, and sometimes I watch "Made." Sometimes.
Quote by sponj
parental control is ****ing awesome too.
i those stupid shows

But it's like the phoniest show ever!
I watch it with friends for the lulz >_>

Quote by j0nmcc
mtv 2 in the uk is balls. it used to be quite good especially about 3-4 years ago and i enjoyed shows such as 120 minutes and such.

these days its tripe.

also wtf is this mtv flux?

Gonzo's still good. And MTV2 shows rap/hip-hop when its meant to be the rock/alternative/indie channel. Disgraceful. And mtv flux is where they are meant to show videos made by viewers/fluxers, but when i go onto it, it shows no viewer vids. And have you noticed there's a new MTV channel, MTV 'r in circle' ? They have too many channels and don't show enough music vids.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Doolittle
But it's like the phoniest show ever!
I watch it with friends for the lulz >_>
Me too. Over winter break last year, I watched Next for from midnight till 4 with my cousins. It was a big LuL fest
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yeah... sometimes... we know how that goes
Quote by perry589
Gonzo's still good. And MTV2 shows rap/hip-hop when its meant to be the rock/alternative/indie channel. Disgraceful. And mtv flux is where they are meant to show videos made by viewers/fluxers, but when i go onto it, it shows no viewer vids. And have you noticed there's a new MTV channel, MTV 'r in circle' ? They have too many channels and don't show enough music vids.

if they play good hip hop, props to ma boyz at the MTV2 studio yaw, peace out.

(oh and all those "rock charts" that only have FOB, MCR, P!ATD and 30STM.... wtf's up with that?)
Next is where it's at..
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Quote by bah humbug
Next is where it's at..

exactly
What do you think I told my last girlfriend?
"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to say next"
*NEXT LOGO FLASHES BY*
And then I forked out like 3 months worth of one dollar bills.

Quote by Doolittle
exactly
What do you think I told my last girlfriend?
"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to say next"
*NEXT LOGO FLASHES BY*
And then I forked out like 3 months worth of one dollar bills.

I saw a gay one and some guy was named Matthew Fashion
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Which one is the one where they use lie-detectors?
Quote by K-Lizzle
Which one is the one where they use lie-detectors?
Exposed

That show is how I know those shows are fake. How would the people on the second season not know they were being Exposed? It was the same exact format.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I like "Yo Momma" sometimes, but it gets pretty cheesy.
Quote by WhereArtEsteban
Silversun is aight, but who the fresh hell is Tegan and Sara???

Tegan and Sara are pretty much the best girl band ever... ish.. not really.

But they're good times more of a pop kinda dealio. Don't listen to their new stuff though.
I heard of the Silversun Pickups about last year from mtv. Lazy eye was on really early and just now they are making them bigger. MTV = The Sux
Do you like Freezepop, poster-above-me?
Quote by bah humbug
I saw a gay one and some guy was named Matthew Fashion

The lesbian ones are the best.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I saw one before where this girl was talking about how she used to date guys but it never worked for her. Another girl in the van asked her, "How come?" And she's like, "Well, because I'm gay."

It was t3h lawlz0rz.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Bad.

And I don't mean the good "bad."

Great bands like those don't belong in the generic murkhole that is MTV.

my thoughts exactly!
Quote by bah humbug
Next is where it's at..

Did anyone see the episode of Next where there was this guy named Ben that was one of the five guys to choose from. He had this ridiculous mustache and was a little over weight but I swear he was the funniest guy I've ever seen on there. It was awesome. We were in Florida on vacation and it came on and it was soo funny. I finally found a video of the whole thing.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15390560
Make sure and watch the whole video of Ben.

Edit:It appears that video cut out part of him trying to run away and get on the bus while still in the harness. Oh well.
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Did anyone see the episode of Next where there was this guy named Ben that was one of the five guys to choose from. He had this ridiculous mustache and was a little over weight but I swear he was the funniest guy I've ever seen on there. It was awesome. We were in Florida on vacation and it came on and it was soo funny. I finally found a video of the whole thing.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15390560
Make sure and watch the whole video of Ben.

Edit:It appears that video cut out part of him trying to run away and get on the bus while still in the harness. Oh well.
That was in there.

He reminds me of me and my friends actually
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
That was in there.

He reminds me of me and my friends actually

Yeah but I swear when we watched it on TV in the summer, that part was longer.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Do you like Freezepop, poster-above-me?

Actually yes i found them on myspace and added them i liked there sound.
Page 1 of 2