would this be how i paint my guitar?

primer---paint----clear coat
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
well, thats the most basic setup. Sand after every primer, paint, and clear coat spray. Be sure to use some sort of nitro or lacqer clear coat. With the lacqer, it takes about 30 coats and a month to cure. Painting is the longest part of building a guitar.
does lacqer make it shiny? do iput it over the clear or just dont use clear? and can it be sprayed through a gun
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Quote by garrett7
does lacqer make it shiny? do iput it over the clear or just dont use clear? and can it be sprayed through a gun

Lacquer IS the clear, and yes, it would be more efficient to spray through a gun.

http://www.stewmac.com/tradesecrets/bridge_body/electric/tsblueguitar/blue_guitar01.html

Read that, although the finish is different, the clear-coat process is pretty much the same for both finishes. If you want the finish to last, use a Polyurethane finish, if you want it to age good, and look vintage, use a Nitrocellulose finish.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?