Page 1 of 6
Underneath all the long, greasy, unwashed hair, leather and spikes, there's a little spot that all of us have that normal folks call "feelings." Here in Hessierville, we call it "emo." Well, a rose by any other name is still a rose, and like every cowboy sings the same sad song, every rose has it's thorn (god, how cheesy was that!?.) Anyway, call it what you will, we all get a bit emotional at times, and some songs are really good at penetrating our thick exteriors and almost get us teary eyed if were not careful. Like, some folk get a case of the emo when they listen to Fade To Black. Or Hollow by Pantera. For me, it's Fiddler On The Green, by Demons and Wizards.

So, I wanna know about the songs that make you feel all mushy inside!
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by d. b. cooper

Woah... too bad I already have a sig
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by d. b. cooper

2 Words:

Dime's death.
Nothing else matters. Of course. Seize the Day does too, but A7X isnt exactly a metal band.
Quote by mikedm92
2 Words:

Dime's death.

Hey now, no need to bring the mood down like that!
A Farewell To Arms by Machine Head can leave me feeling pretty blue, but that could just be because its the last track of the perfect album.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Slipknot - Vermillion pt. 2
Plain White Tee's - Hey There Delilah (I don't care what you say, it's a good song.)
Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me

-A few that aren't really metal...
Eiffel 65 - Now Is Forever
Linkin Park - Hands Held High
Linkin Park - In The End
Gary Jules - Mad World
Bullet For My Valentine - er...the intro to The Poison

Rip on me all you want, I love these songs.
Iced Earth - Watching Over Me
Decapitated - Organic H. (makes me sad due to how much it sucks ass) but now every Decapitated album will make me sad due to Vitek's passing

Katatonia - Ghost of the sun
Demons & Wizards - Down Where I Am
Dream Evil - Tired
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by p!r4Te
Plain White Tee's - Hey There Delilah (I don't care what you say, it's a good song.)

Linkin Park - In The End
Gary Jules - Mad World

No way dude. I love that Slipknot song 2! Actully, most Slipknot songs make me feel dat way, especially People=****. I cry every time I hear it.
I've found Jesus
Agalloch - A Desolation Song.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Contraband
No way dude. I love that Slipknot song 2! Actully, most Slipknot songs make me feel dat way, especially People=****. I cry every time I hear it.

yeah i cry when i hear slipknot too, because it sucks so ****ing much.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Quote by Metal_Rich
A Farewell To Arms by Machine Head can leave me feeling pretty blue, but that could just be because its the last track of the perfect album.

Bad assed song, doesn't make me emo though. Songs that go well with a little depression, for me, is anything by My Dying Bride, Katatonia, some Opeth songs, Until it Sleeps by Metallica, and like someone said earlier Vermillion Pt. 2(not metal but definitely somber). APC goes well with moods too.
Hammer Smashed Face. Makes me feel all kinds of stuff.
Last edited by Rengori at Nov 7, 2007,
I wouldn't necessarily equate feeling negative or melancholic emotion with 'emo', but whatever.

Primordial-The Gathering Wilderness, End of All Times (Martyr's Fire), The Coffin Ships
Nest ft. Jon Haughm- The Last Vestiges of Old Joy
My Dying Bride-To Remain Tombless
Candlemass - Samirithian
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Kyle From Incantation has a mustache, by, anal ****, what a tear jerker
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
voice of the soul, by death. very emotional song, and when you think about how chuck doesn't get nearly as much recognition as other deceased metalheads, it just makes it all the more emotional.

there's a melody and solo in to live is to die by metallica that has the same effect.

+ i'm ****ing sick of people calling anything with a hint of sadness emo. it's like emo has been around forever, and that's an official term for sadness, instead of it being an 80's underground genre.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by pistols

+ i'm ****ing sick of people calling anything with a hint of sadness emo. it's like emo has been around forever, and that's an official term for sadness, instead of it being an 80's underground genre.

those ****ing cocksuckers who listen to MCR have ruined having emotions for eternity. Because of those douchebags anyone who gets the least bit upset is "OMGZ TEH EMO!!!!" Its pathetic.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Necropedophile by Cannibal Corpse makes me all tingly in the pants.

*fap*
Last edited by Uncle Fonzie at Nov 7, 2007,
Unintelligent design and Success is..(hanging by the neck) make me want to kill everyone and then myself, to give this planet a break.
Quote by p!r4Te

Linkin Park - In The End
Gary Jules - Mad World

Woah, who let this one through the filter?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
And Sadness Will Sear by Trivium

Its not the greatest song ever, actually prob worst song on the album but it used to get me pretty emoed up
Quote by Dyer's Eve

Amen to that. Agalloch is emotional as fuck.

Also...

Insomnium - Gale (intro to Above the Weeping World, gets me every time)
Ensiferum - Abandoned
My Dying Bride - For My Fallen Angel
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by Terror Kovenant
those ****ing cocksuckers who listen to MCR have ruined having emotions for eternity. Because of those douchebags anyone who gets the least bit upset is "OMGZ TEH EMO!!!!" Its pathetic.

I think it's cause everyone lives such patheticly easy lives in north america/europe (even if your homeless and jobless your still lucky as **** in these places) so whenever they feel any emotion thats not enjoyable to feel they treat it like it's worst than it is...because to them it is because its one of the worst things they've ever experienced....which is retarded cause there's much worst things. All you have to do is put it in the perspective of all people as a whole and you realize its meaningless and pointless to let it get to you that much when its as simple as a thought to make it better...which probably why all emos are stupid people because it takes a serious lack of intelligence and willpower to be truely "emo"...

now that my ranting is out of the way though....
most metal songs give me that tingly feeling but in an empowering way....
blind guardians more soft songs sometimes make me feel a lil somber to...
Eternal Wait - Ensiferum
Sadness and Hate - Wintersun
Starchild - Wintersun
Death and the Healing - Wintersun
Sleeping Stars (Intro) - Wintersun
Death - A Moment of Clarity
Death - Voice of the Soul
Death - Perennial Quest (Outro)
Iron Maiden - The Prophecy
Candlelight Fantasia by Symphony X

and so on...
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Eternal Wait - Ensiferum
Sadness and Hate - Wintersun
Starchild - Wintersun
Death and the Healing - Wintersun
Sleeping Stars (Intro) - Wintersun
Death - A Moment of Clarity
Death - Voice of the Soul
Death - Perennial Quest (Outro)
Iron Maiden - The Prophecy
Candlelight Fantasia by Symphony X

and so on...

+1000

I've listened to so many songs that I felt emotionally connected to, can't possibly even begin listening them.

I'll add all of Windir's Arntor album, and Lunar Aurora - Andacht though.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Dyer's Eve

That and Tommarow Will Never Come.
I agree with any Agalloch, that shit is like listening to your family's last words on a tape over and over again. Powerful stuff.

Descend The Shades of Night - Machine Head....cause I was listening to it when I read about Vitek's death...
I Cannot Be Loved - My Dying Bride
and a few others I can't be stuffed naming.
Bathory - Song to Hall Up High
Anathema - Pitiless

ne1?

EDIT: Any Drudkh song

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Nov 8, 2007,
Beauty Slept In Sodom- Cradle of Filth
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Oh yeah! I forgot about Opeth's To Bid You Farewell.
and the whole "emo" thing is't meant to be take so seriously... what I meant by it was music that hits you deep down, in a non-aggressive way. The earliest example I can think of dates back to Solitude by Sabbath on MoR. Real somber and sad...
Quote by mikedm92
2 Words:

Dime's death.

Hell yeah Dime's Death...Pantera my favorite band...the saddest moment ive ever experienced was when i found out....bad enough they broke up....bad enough he got shot...but on stage? i was in tears when i found out...
Pantera - Floods, and Hollow; especially the solo and outro of Floods.

Strapping Young Lad's You Suck does the exact opposite
Quote by Terror Kovenant
yeah i cry when i hear slipknot too, because it sucks so ****ing much.

haha so quoted. and so true.

ummm.... infinite dreams touches my heart in ways that most songs dont. doesnt make me sad... just makes me wonder.
a lot of nightwish songs have similar effects. i never really get sad with most metal songs.... if i wanna feel sad i listen to bohemian rhapsody... that makes me feel sad, even though the song is great. oh Black Sabbath (the song) makes me feel gloomy and like i should be mourning

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.