Hey, I've been checking Musicians Friend almost daily for the past week, and noticed this guitar today:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LE-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar-with-Gold-Hardware?sku=512592

Its an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with gold hardware.
There are no reviews, none even that I could see on the internet, so does anyone know what it is like? And, what would the differences be between that and the Les Paul Custom? If the Custom is better, is it worth the extra $150?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518350
(The Epi Les Paul Custom)

Thanks
Last edited by mulletboy14 at Nov 7, 2007,
Custom has a better body made of solid wood and different pickups. but try both of em, u might prefer the Standard's sound.
There are none in my local music shop, but would the body and everything (except the hardware) be the same as the regular LP Standard?
I don't know what mine is classified as, but it's pretty good.

Take a look, I have a picture of it on my profile.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by mulletboy14
There are none in my local music shop, but would the body and everything (except the hardware) be the same as the regular LP Standard?

No, the body is all mahogan in the custom or something...It's better anyways...
Get the custom,You won't regret it.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
epiphone can blow me, period. on the other hand ill jizz on a real les paul if i owned one.
Just get a Michael Kelly Patriot instead .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
go to guitar center and try them out if u can
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
Yeah, I just don't have one near me; only local, more independant shops that don't carry the limited editions. They only have the studio, standard, and the custom (for Epis).
But, I may be going to the US soon, so I wanna know what my options are.