im lookin for a new bass, so just name any that are under 500 that are pretty good. I play mostly metal, if that influences anything, and i like black, lol

EDIT: and also could you name some good effect thingies too, that are also fairly cheap? thx
Last edited by travo da mano at Nov 7, 2007,
Dean Metalman basses are decent...I'm strongly considering getting a Traben, check those out...
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Look into the Warwick Rockbass Vampyre. Yeah, they're $700, but if they aren't metal, there's no such thing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Look into the Warwick Rockbass Vampyre. Yeah, they're $700, but if they aren't metal, there's no such thing.

Dark Lord.

As you said. If live sacrifices to Satan are your thing...

Also look at the simple options. Metal is an extremely varied genre, and damn near any bass can sound good in it. For example, the Fender Jazz has a lot of users with in most subgenres.

Just go to a shop and try out and see what sound you like, as there are no real requirements to the sound, just easy to spot exclusions (e.g. basses with the cutting power of a 2 x 4.)
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1