I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I wanna get the regular Ibanez logo for my project guitar or a J. Custom one. I've been thinking of J. Custom because my name is James and its my custom Ibanez. But at the same time I kind of think its like I'm labeling my guitar something it isn't (like those ****tards that put SI logos on the back of their normal civics).

So what's UG's opinion on this?

EDIT: I'm not building my own guitar! This is an Ibanez that I've been refinishing and it needs a new headstock decal! The J. Custom part is not there to make people assume its a Japanese custom shop one!
Last edited by JD Red LP at Nov 7, 2007,
customm - custom guitar is different than a civic pretending its got something it hasnt
A project guitar isn't a project pos sh!tbox.

Customize it however you want, it's your guitar, make it scream LOL CUSTOMZ.

Civics suck in general, btw.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
you better be making one of the sexiest guitars in the world, have high quality wood, high quality hardware, an Edge I trem, some Gotoh tuners, flawless routing/sanding/finish, and some badass DiMarzio's in it.

if you don't meet these things, then hell no, it doesn't deserve to be called a J Custom.

if you want to name it J Custom....at least make it the same quality as one...or else jesus will frown upon you
Actually, you would be like those faker-ass dudes and the people who buy Fender waterslide logos off eBay to put on their Squiers. Make up your own logo, please.

Quote by Ishiga
Civics suck in general, btw.

That's mighty ignorant. Really.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Actually, you would be like those faker-ass dudes and the people who buy Fender waterslide logos off eBay to put on their Squiers. Make up your own logo, please.

That's mighty ignorant. Really.

I'm not making my own logo because it was a normal Ibanez that I've pretty much just repainted and replaced the electronic on. I would never build my own guitar and put someone else's logo on it.

but I guess I'm going with the normal logo
Oh well then, that's nice to know. Good thing you edited it into the first post... Then I say go for a standard logo, since the J-Custom is a highly treasured piece of... "art", I guess. And as you said- tacking an R-type logo onto your standard Honda is lame, even if your name is Richard.

Feel free to make your own personalized waterslide logo, however.
That's a good idea. There's a tutorial on project guitar on how to do that right? Or am I thinking of another site?