Hey, I'm pretty new to playing guitar, so far I've only been playing a month and a half and all I know how to do is read a little TAB and play just a little bit, I'm hoping these froums can help me out, the first thing I'd like to ask is that I did go to leesons for beginners part of the site, but everything is scattered, can someone give me a list of what to learn in order so I don't learn the things in the wrong order? THANK YOU! This site is great.
I want to learn all the important things, any suggestions will help me alot, like examples of what to learn in order so I can do it right the first time and take my time and not worry about if I'm wasting my time learning something too fast.
For lack of a better guitarist here at the moment to help you, I'll make a small list.

1. Guitar anatomy (headstock, bridge, frets, etc.)
2. Reading Tab
3. Learning Common Chords (I suppose it depends what music you play, but chords are always necessary)
4. Alternate picking (at least the up-down on a single string)
5. Common Scales

Not a big list but at least something to think about. Maybe wait for someone smarter to reply or feel free to ask any questions.
Good luck!
Quote by Stupified
For lack of a better guitarist here at the moment to help you, I'll make a small list.

1. Guitar anatomy (headstock, bridge, frets, etc.)
2. Reading Tab
3. Learning Common Chords (I suppose it depends what music you play, but chords are always necessary)
4. Alternate picking (at least the up-down on a single string)
5. Common Scales

Not a big list but at least something to think about. Maybe wait for someone smarter to reply or feel free to ask any questions.
Good luck!

These are all very important things to learn. You also may want to learn things like how to take care of your guitar (strings, cleaning kits, etc.).
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection