Title says it... What would you think is a fair price to pay for a 1991 USA-made Fender Stratocaster? Solid color (not sunburst). Rosewood fretboard. In excellent shape.

What (if anything) would you add to your number if it came with Texas Special pickups along with the originals, and a Fender hard case.

Working a deal and what to see if I am doing OK...
a lot

hey man, i got an american strat from gutiar center for 399, yes, 399 BRAND NEW.
you should check them out
theyre going FAST.
^ i think what you got was the standard strat
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
dude ik now what i got
lol
i got an american stratocaster

usually 984.00

they werent selling so they price dropped them from that.
Quote by piginacanoe212
dude ik now what i got
lol
i got an american stratocaster

usually 984.00

they werent selling so they price dropped them from that.

pics then ?
A '91 might be worth a bit over $1k. Normally Americans are worth $990, so maybe close to $1100 or $1200.
yeah i wouldnt mind mine pics or a serial number ^

Um id pay around £400 maybe abit more but we get arse raped so about 500 - 600 dollars? not sure how much they are over there..
Quote by qotsa1998
A '91 might be worth a bit over $1k. Normally Americans are worth $990, so maybe close to $1100 or $1200.

Wow, that's awesome! If so, I am getting a killer deal. Don't want to jinx it, but will reveal all if/when the deal is done and I have it in hand...
No, if your paying near or over $1000 for any American Standard, your getting ripped off. The average price for just about any American Standard is in the $500-$650 range, but lately they have been going up. So maybe as high as $800 sometimes.

I got my '95 two years ago for $400. A '91 should not cost you over $750. Now I know you said it had Texas Specials, so with that case obviously the price may go up a little bit more, but not that much.
Quote by nathhan
yeah i wouldnt mind mine pics or a serial number ^

Um id pay around £400 maybe abit more but we get arse raped so about 500 - 600 dollars? not sure how much they are over there..

lol, that's 800 dollars, they're 950 dollars over here, which means we usually get them about 850 if we haggle, but still, nice score considering they're more expensive over there (i'm guessing)
The 1991 American Strat came today, and I am fired up! It's in awesome shape, not a mark on it. Guy had it setup for slide guitar, with the action super high. So the frets are all mint! The Texas Specials sound killer, and he included the original pups too. Original case and all the hang tags and crap. Even threw in some strings.

I think I did great for $400.

P.S. It's left handed, and I am a lefty. How cool is that!
Last edited by gigem at Nov 16, 2007,
can I say that a 1991 strat won't be much dearer than a 2007 strat cos they arent classed classic yet, hell I think you can get 70s strats similar price, if you find a pre-CBS strat for cheap you know you've hit a fake or the jackpot the high prices lay within the 60s and 50s strats but if you do your research and find out what the best recent year (between the later 70s and now) was that fender was making guitars is then get one of those.