I am looking into ordering a 1987x from weber, i just have some questions:
1) im into playing blues and classic rock ( zeppelin hendrix srv clapton) and i was wondering which tranny would be better for me , the "dynamic, punchy more headroom one of the " less headroom ballsy overdrive" tranny .

2) my second question is which tubes should i get in it the kt66's or the el34s, i heard that the el34's are more british sounding and my goal is to get an overall "british" "classic marshall" tone.

thanks for any help
-caleb

p.s. would a 36 watter be better for the sounds im trying to get ?
alright.. personally i play small clubs and bars and whatnot. If i were getting an amp id get the 18 watter with the less headroom tranny, if I was playing classic rock. This way youre getting overdrive out of the amp at lower volumes, which would come in handy. We have 40 watt tube amps from fender and Marshall and we barely! have them cranked past 2 or 3.

Hope any of that information helps.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
based on the bands u listed, id go with the one with less headroom. SRV used a bit of OD on his songs. And go with the EL34s.
Quote by vampwizzard
alright.. personally i play small clubs and bars and whatnot. If i were getting an amp id get the 18 watter with the less headroom tranny, if I was playing classic rock. This way youre getting overdrive out of the amp at lower volumes, which would come in handy. We have 40 watt tube amps from fender and Marshall and we barely! have them cranked past 2 or 3.

Hope any of that information helps.

i have a 40 watt tube amp and i crank it regularly so i know what im in for. does anyone know at what volume the amp starts to distort with the lower headroom tranny ( what im kinda leanin towards )

as for my music styles i for go to add that i like to play some van halen and harder more modern stuff on occasion too ( ratm metallica nirvana) but i have a ts9