I currently running on 1 GB of DDR2RAM and a 2.0 GhZ AMD Athalon X2 dual-core 3800+ processor and an Nvidia GeForce 6150SE (although I'm using the windows classic to attempt to reduce lag, esp. when alttabbing in games) AND WINDOWS VISTA. I don't want you guys to bash Vista for being slow. I want to know if it'd be a good idea to upgrade to 2 GB RAM... I think I can get it for $45 at Circuit City (I have a $25 gift card thar too )
I've started to get really pissed off at this computer getting pretty slow (it's not even a month old yet... maybe it is idk lol) and maybe RAM will be my way out?
go for it. i have 1gb on my laptop and its decent but i would if i were you.

someone post the picture of the asian saying "o hai. i upgraded your RAM" quickly.
ehh
Definately upgrade. 2GB is the bare minimum for vista in my book. I would even recommend that u put a further 1GB in and have 3GB altogether.

Or switch to XP and 2gb is fine.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Eh, I'd like XP, but I've already got this computer all fine and dandy and my XP discs are really old... my parents even threw them out and I had to go trash picking to get them back. I don't wanna play with office 2003 D: I like office 2007
Put windows XP on and then download office 2007.

Also I'd consider upgrading that graphics card as it will struggle with vista too.

Thats a weak system for a relatively new purchase. I'd advise you not to go back to the place of purchase again.
I got it at Circuit City... it was really cheap and it was their last one. $370 for the above stats+ a 250 GB hard drive and a DVDRW/CDRW drive and a billion memory card readers.
Vista Home Premium.
We really had no choice because our old POS Dell got fried and we needed a new computer and we're poor n00bs
I'd like to upgrade the graphics card too but I'll do that at a later date.
Quote by RPGoof
I got it at Circuit City... it was really cheap and it was their last one. $370 for the above stats+ a 250 GB hard drive and a DVDRW/CDRW drive and a billion memory card readers.
Vista Home Premium.
We really had no choice because our old POS Dell got fried and we needed a new computer and we're poor n00bs
I'd like to upgrade the graphics card too but I'll do that at a later date.

Circuit city are the nOObs for putting vista on a computer like that.