i just got new strings and i tryed putting them in.. i started on the high E and whenever the string felt tight it was at E but an octave too low.. and if i tryed to go higer it would pop out... now ive managed to break the old string (i used it to practice b4 i used the new ones) please help! i need a step by step how to do it... i have an Ibanez S series...
i dont wanna take it to guitar center ccuz its about $100 to have it set up and everything.. please help!!!

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Korg ToneWorks AX3000G Signal Processor
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
Are the strings the same gauge?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
they gaave them to me when i bought the guitar.. so id guess so.. but i dont know

and how would it be a FULL octave below even if it was the wrong gauge?

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
Well, when changing strings, do one at a time rather than taking them all off at once. Also, start with the low E and work up.

And, don't bother trying to tune until all strings are on.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i did one at a time but started at the high E cuz it was in the worst condition.. either way.. i cant figure it out

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
you need size .09 or .10 gauge strings. all floyd roses need .09 or .10 depending on how you like the feel of your guitar.

you have to put the strings on and make the floyd parallel to the body.

if the floyd is sticking out of the body then you have to take off the back plate and screw the screws holding the floyd into the body more.

if the floyd is sinking into the body then you need to unscrew the screws that hold the floyd.

BE VERY CAREFUL! if you unsrew the floyd all the way with the strings on it will fly out of the body, causing damage to something, somewhere.

slinky's work best for me....

hope i helped.

-james-
Last edited by liv3evi7 at Nov 7, 2007,
thanks.. but that seems abit difecult.. ill go get it done :-\
damn it! i really didnt wanna get it done.. ugh! LOOK ---> there goes my money.. bye bye lol

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
It's not difficult at all, the first time I did it it took maybe half an hour to change the strings and tune the guitar, plus it got the bridge floating.
Quote by rymep
It's not difficult at all, the first time I did it it took maybe half an hour to change the strings and tune the guitar, plus it got the bridge floating.

can u come over and do it for me? lol

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
Well, I'm only a state away, and I've been meaning to make a trip to Vegas haha.

Seriously though, give it a try, I thought it was going to be Hell my first time but it went by really smoothly.