Page 1 of 2
Nope. It's got a bolt-on neck, the pickguard is wrong, the tuners are way wrong, the hardware is all wrong, and the headstock inlay is wrong.
The pickgaurd makes me say NO.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
hmmm, if it isnt its a pretty good replica. i mean threre are alot of them with horrible cut-aways and stuff like that
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
...and it's got three screws on the trussrod cover. Fake.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by Doodleface
The pickgaurd makes me say NO.

thats true i think, oh and the neck, duh....

Quote by chaoticmayhem

its so good to be back!
Looks fake to me.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
you wanna see fake then go to ebay and do a search for em. Look for one that ships from Asia, some are so rediculiuos it isnt even funny. How do they get away with it?

Quote by chaoticmayhem

its so good to be back!
It was free?

Do you like it?

How does it play?

Does it have a nice tone?

Can you remove all the dust and crap from it?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

or do a search for fender strat. thats horiable stuff too.

Quote by chaoticmayhem

its so good to be back!
Quote by sg-rocker173
It was free?

Do you like it?

How does it play?

Does it have a nice tone?

Can you remove all the dust and crap from it?

African Swallow or European Swallow?
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
It sounds alright but the play is very high. I never really play it at all but when I do it has a good tone. "What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" That all depends on the unladen swallow. thanks for all the input!
MY preacher gave it to me. His brother passed away and give him all of his guitar and gave that one to me cause he is cool. He also has two Gibson doves and they have serial numbers on them. He has a old sg that looks like hell, and a Fender Coronado bass 2 that is orange and in good shape. If you guys want any pics or interested in buying let me know cause he does not need them.
definitely fake (bolt-on neck, 3-screw truss cover, guard, headstock, etc), Gibson cracks down HARD on counterfeit guitars.

Quote by The*Music*Man
you wanna see fake then go to ebay and do a search for em. Look for one that ships from Asia, some are so rediculiuos it isnt even funny. How do they get away with it?

I call people out all the time on ebay. It's our job to do so. UG should have a special taskforce for this.
^^ ooh relic'd SG

pics?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by sg-rocker173

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

Anyway, fake. Bold on neck..etc.
sorry but that is no Les Paul. Go to Gibson.com and see what they're suppose to look like.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
It's fake, but that doesn't really matter. What's it made of (is it heavy, or light?) How do the pickups sound? Is the wiring decent?
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Quote by MetallicGod07
sorry but that is no Les Paul. Go to Gibson.com and see what they're suppose to look like.

Oh thanks so much been looking for there web site...
And yeah it is very heavy Bryan,
Quote by Sendrith
^^ ooh relic'd SG

pics?

It has a serial so do not think it is fake, will work on pics
Quote by RHCPfan01
African Swallow or European Swallow?

l m f a o
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Those look like old amp knobs....
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Just from looking at the pictures, it does seem to be a very well done copy. Obviously the bolt-on neck is the biggest flaw, but it looks to be a proper tight fit. How is the finish on it? The pics aren't too sharp so it's hard to gauge. You may well have a nice LP on your hands, that just needs some cleaning and a little TLC.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Quote by Gutch220
definitely fake (bolt-on neck, 3-screw truss cover, guard, headstock, etc), Gibson cracks down HARD on counterfeit guitars.

Yup. Knobs too, and I don't think the "Gibson" logos were ever indented instead of inlaid.
I think the lack of serial number would be the biggest give away. And of course the neck plate, oh and the economy tuners, and the three screw plate. And I dont know what kind of screws they have for the stop piece. The chinese like to copy things they just arent good at. A copy is supposed to look like to original not something close with lots of differences. I know I saw a humvee in china only it wasnt it was their knock off of it.
Yeah i do need to clean it up and stuff but if its not real I am not going to invest lots of money into it to get it back to par.
ok i think so people need to stop posting "fake", thats been clarified.

if I got that guitar and if I wasnt expecting a GIBSON Les Paul, id be pretty impressed cos it looks quite good! of course threadstarter you have to tell us how it sounds too...
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Yeah its a complete fake. Looks like its built pretty crap as well from the photos.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Bruizer
It has a serial so do not think it is fake, will work on pics

what you have is a Hondo HDLP third run deluxe model one of the finest knock-offs available. i had one just like it only it had super-distortion pickups(a post factory apointment) the pickups are origional Dimarrzio PAFs and the headstock has been modified to say gibson les paul(you can SEE the seams in the paint on the headstock) also the pickgaurd and knobs are unorigional but other than that you got yourself the hondo HDLP circa 1978-79. when it was released it was priced a mere $100 below the gibson. it WAS my main guitar until it got stolen. trying to find a new one. how much do you want for it? PM response
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
Last edited by Gundam pilota09 at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by Gundam pilota09
what you have is a Hondo HDLP third run deluxe model one of the finest knock-offs available. i had one just like it only it had super-distortion pickups(a post factory apointment) the pickups are origional Dimarrzio PAFs and the headstock has been modified to say gibson les paul(you can SEE the seams in the paint on the headstock) also the pickgaurd and knobs are unorigional but other than that you got yourself the hondo HDLP circa 1978-79. when it was released it was priced a mrere $100 below the gibson. it WAS my main guitar until it got stolen. trying to find a new one. how much do you want for it? PM response

This man knows what he's talking about.
Listen to him.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by MusicalMinority
This man knows what he's talking about.
Listen to him.

thanks for the edorsement. yeah i did alot of research on it after i bought it cuz i never heard of a hondo at the time (actually i had never even seen a real les paul at the time, i was such a newb) it got stolen from me last month though. i learned my lesson never under any circumstances leave your guitar at a bnadmates house, even if it is your rehersal space.
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
Quote by dropin_biking
Just from looking at the pictures, it does seem to be a very well done copy. Obviously the bolt-on neck is the biggest flaw, but it looks to be a proper tight fit. How is the finish on it? The pics aren't too sharp so it's hard to gauge. You may well have a nice LP on your hands, that just needs some cleaning and a little TLC.
~Bryan~

Have you ever seen a real Gibson?
While not certainly the worst fake I've seen, it's pretty bad. I could tell that thing was a fake from a mile away.
Quote by dropin_biking
...it does seem to be a very well done copy.

Are you kidding? This is one of crappiest copies I have seen (and yes, I can tell the difference, I've seen and played real Les Pauls). The biggest sign of fake for me must be the headstock, even more than the bolt-on neck. Just look at "Gibson" and "Les Paul". That's the most sh*tty atempt to copy the Gibson and Les Paul logo. The pickguard is just wrong. Those knobs are not top-hat/speed black knobs common on Les Pauls. The obvious bolt-on neck...
It is simply messed up.
Quote by TheUsedSound
Are you kidding? This is one of crappiest copies I have seen (and yes, I can tell the difference, I've seen and played real Les Pauls). The biggest sign of fake for me must be the headstock, even more than the bolt-on neck. Just look at "Gibson" and "Les Paul". That's the most sh*tty atempt to copy the Gibson and Les Paul logo. The pickguard is just wrong. Those knobs are not top-hat/speed black knobs common on Les Pauls. The obvious bolt-on neck...
It is simply messed up.

i know the thing other than the bolt on neck it was ORIGIONALLY a good looking know off, but somewhere along the line it got more and more add ons including the fake logo.
Quote by MusicLine

Had to do it.
The dead give away was the block inlays with a bolt on neck.

If it sounds great ...who cares man? Just jam on it.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Nov 8, 2007,
Nope its not real. Its a hologram. Sorry dude.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Page 1 of 2