Ok so I'm a freshman and I didn't run in middle school. I had my last cross country meet today and now I have a two week break until winter track, where I'm going to be sprinting which is what I'm really good at. My question is....what kind of runs should I be doing during that two week period? Like what distances and all that ****...thanks in advance
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
I'm more of a cross country runner myself, but I'd start weening myself down to shorter distances, in less time. I take it you run a 5k cross country race? Start going down to one mile runs, but no matter what stay active during the entire break. Nothing messes you up more then not running at all.

Have fun
Quote by thegreensquall
she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat...
I don't run cross country but I am a sprinter. Before i can really give you any advice though, what sprints? Longer (400's) or shorter (100s and 200s)?
Holy ****! you go to east! I go to south! Do you know anthony curran?

EDIT: so its not spamming, run like a mile or so, but then do some sprints for a warm up.
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
"Mr. Owl? How many strokes does it take to make my little man explode?"
"Lets find out! One! Two! Three!"
*Crunch*
""
Last edited by Prove_i_Did_It at Nov 7, 2007,
If your going to be sprinting, you'd be best to work on short distance running...50 yd, 100 yd dashes and stuff like that.
The.
Quote by Prove_i_Did_It
Holy ****! you go to east! I go to south! Do you know anthony curran?

EDIT: so its not spamming, run like a mile or so, but then do some sprints for a warm up.

Holy **** I do know anthony....damn! Hes awesome.

You guys have a badass fight song by the way...ours is stupid as hell

But holy ****, thats crazy....how did you know I go to east?

And thanks for the responses guys

EDIT: Ohh my profile....yea I got to east. Whats your name?
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by Punk Rocker
Holy **** I do know anthony....damn! Hes awesome.

You guys have a badass fight song by the way...ours is stupid as hell

But holy ****, thats crazy....how did you know I go to east?

And thanks for the responses guys

EDIT: Ohh my profile....yea I got to east. Whats your name?

I'm Andy. Mention me to Anthony and he be like I know that muthat****a! Anyway, you guys killed us last week. Not that it was any surprise.
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
"Mr. Owl? How many strokes does it take to make my little man explode?"
"Lets find out! One! Two! Three!"
*Crunch*
""
you can play alot of basketball, i know that got me really well conditioned for football. Or if your no good at basketball, just find a full court, run to the other end and do a lay up, run to the other end and do a layup (repeat)
Quote by dumps

...erm lets see...what did i do... you know the holes in the side of shoe boxes? i put my flaccid dick in one, then started to get a hardon, and the box got stuck on my dick, i had to tear it off (the box, not my penis.)
Quote by jumi1174
I don't run cross country but I am a sprinter. Before i can really give you any advice though, what sprints? Longer (400's) or shorter (100s and 200s)?

I dunno yet
-John Lennon
i run 400,200, and 100.

before during conditioning coach makes me run mile and two mile for the first 3 weeks, then do 800 sprints for 2 and then run my actual events the last week before competition. it really helps with keeping my endurace up during the whole course of the race (especially the 400). i assume you're already decently fast if your coach has you running sprints, all you need is more sprint stamina. try running at sprint speeds for half a mile, then distance speed the rest of it, and alternate like so.