This dude nearby is now selling an Ampeg BA115HP for $225 give or take. I was planning on getting an Ampeg BA115 for my second bass amp but I figure buying it now instead of later would probably be a good thing. I don't really know what the HP stands for at the end and it also says it has 200 something watts intead of the 100w an BA115 has.

So what do you think? Good deal? The only things he said was bad about it is a few scratches and something about a tuner being knocked out. Is that just the knob or what? IDK.

edit: I figured out what the tuner thing he was talking about. There is a on board tuner on the amp that he says doesn't work anymore.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Nov 7, 2007,
it just means its got a tube driven preamp. doesnt really make that much of a difference but if you can afford it buy it instead of the BA115.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Great deal if its in good condition. I 've played thru this amp. Yes, its 200 Watts and I was told that the HP stood for "High powered" but I will leave that to be confirmed by the other Ampeg heads on this site.
Last edited by anarkee at Nov 7, 2007,
i think the H stands for Horn, which is adjustable (on or off)
and i think the P stands for preamp, because the preamp is tube driven.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
If you were going to buy one later on, I say what the hell are you waiting for? Just make sure you try it first, in case there's a problem with it or something.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by funkbass369
it just means its got a tube driven preamp. doesnt really make that much of a difference but if you can afford it buy it instead of the BA115.

the Ampeg site says solid state pre-amp, thats not tube driven. correct me if i'm wrong. i don't like the fact that the tuner doesn't work. i would call to see how much it would cost to have it repaired. it may still be under factory warranty. $225 is a good price for 200 watts of amp, and you know i like Ampegs. i say offer the guy $175
and watch his reaction. tell him that it'll cost you to get the tuner fixed. bargaining is like poker. watch his body language. then pounce on him like a shark! lol
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
the Ampeg site says solid state pre-amp, thats not tube driven. correct me if i'm wrong. i don't like the fact that the tuner doesn't work. i would call to see how much it would cost to have it repaired. it may still be under factory warranty. $225 is a good price for 200 watts of amp, and you know i like Ampegs. i say offer the guy $175
and watch his reaction. tell him that it'll cost you to get the tuner fixed. bargaining is like poker. watch his body language. then pounce on him like a shark! lol

I think the tube driven is the BA115HPT...
yeah thats right the HPT is the one that has a tube driven preamp. my mistake. the HP has more wattage so i think that it does mean High Powered.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M