I have a Dean Performer and quite frankly, it sucks. It is impossible to play, the action never stays, and it doesn't even sound like an acoustic. It is wayyyy to bassy. I have a price limit of $700. I don't know too much about acoustics so I need some help here. I would probably want an acoustic that can be plugged in, whether it be through a built in acoustic pickup or if its a standard acoustic-electric. I play blues and singer-songwriter music like Bob Dylan and Elliott Smith on my acoustics.
Bob Dylan and Elliot Smith? You got goood taste...just grab the same guitar Elliot used, it's an old Red Label Yamaha that can be found ebay for WAY less than $700. Either that, you can just grab a new Yamaha.
Quote by sidvicious182
you can get a cheap taylor or a breedlove for around that and theyre both amazing guitars.

Yeah, u can even find Decent Martins at that price. When I was at GC the other day i played a$450 Martin w/ a Koa soundboard...amazing.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I'd look into Breedlove, Alvarez, and Blueridge. If your looking into Martins and Taylors i'd actually save up a little more and get one that doesnt have laminated wood. Martin D-15's run about 900-1000 (not acoustic electric) and Taylor 210CE Dreadnought (acoustic electric) runs about a grand.
Quote by soul_power
Yeah, u can even find Decent Martins at that price. When I was at GC the other day i played a$450 Martin w/ a Koa soundboard...amazing.

that martin is made from HPL, High Pressure Laminate
Quote by soul_power

I'm gonna go ahead and say, no you didn't. You played a Martin with an HPL top that had either a Koa veneer or a Koa pattern.

For up to $700:

Guild GAD series

Epi Masterbuilt

Talyor 1xx series

Breedlove Atlas

Parkwood

Alvarez Masterworks
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs