any amp thats good for noisy stuff and clean? music with distortion to music thats clean? my previous amp sucks ass...don't ask which one .

i might not be getting one soon,because i need a new electric desperately. The one i have now is like some crappy brand no one has heard of,and no,i was not that stupid to get that kinda guitar...but was stupid enough to get that amp,the guitar was a gift from a friend who did not help me by doing so...so yeah,i would be getting myself a s470 first and a s470 much later in the game....

I just need an amp that supplies a great jaw dropping sound...or as close as can be.My price range? I'll only be getting the amp in a sale,which majority of stuffs are priced at 50% which is a mega bonus...the problem is,the chances of you getting squashed is 30%...<i'm joking So if i spent 500 bucks,i can get a 1000 dollar amp,which is amazing...so its safe to say 500SGD = 1000SGD because of the lovely sale. So my budget is 1000SGD,which is about 500US?

All suggestions would be appreciated.Any kind of amp,any kind brand.
Thanks guys
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Jan 4, 2008,
peavey classic 30
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Some sort of fender?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
how about a marshall?

oh yeah...one with TONS of knobs for a greater choice of sound...
lol lots of knob's...ok serious now.. i agree with TheBigNoobie here the vox should be good.
Quote by NoobOnZone
how about a marshall?

oh yeah...one with TONS of knobs for a greater choice of sound...

Marshalls aren't the best. And the amount of knobs doesn't necessarily mean it's a better amp and it can play more stuff. It's all about quality of tone. Not amount. Anyways, with your budget you could easily afford a Vox AD30VT.
You star a new thread here every single day.... dont you?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
Fender Blues Jr. and an OD petal?
Peavey Classic 30
Crate Palamino?(I think thats the spelling).
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

yea, fender, marshal, peavey any of those brands make good tube amps

IMO i love my line 6, but.......almost everyone else hates it...........so you probly will think im stupid....so ill shutup
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by kobain666
You star a new thread here every single day.... dont you?

no i don't,
Quote by TheBigNoobie
Vox Valvetronix line.

I agree, i recently bought a Vox AD15VT Its a great bedroom amp and i never have it past quarter volume.
Lots of effects built in and it delivers some extremely smooth clean sounds and also some really nice warm distorted sounds. and for the price.
perfect...
All Wars Are civil Wars ....Because All Men Are Brothers
just asking didnt mean it in a bad way, it just that i think i see your username here and there a lot....
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
He has 500 USD, don't recommend a modeling amp!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by kobain666
just asking didnt mean it in a bad way, it just that i think i see your username here and there a lot....

nah,don't sweat it dude,we are cool...

and yeah,being popular doesn't hurt does it?
Quote by hamish5178
He has 500 USD, don't recommend a modeling amp!

whats rong with moddeling amp :s sorry im not from US is 500 not enough ?
hey...i've got a question...which is better? AD15VT or AD30VT? the only difference is the wattage..so..i can say that they sound the same right?

out of these three,AD15VT,AD30VT and peavy classic 30,which one would your prefer?
umm the 30 watt wil be louder :P: and the 30 watt will be able to get more natural tube od beucase you have more volume room and i would go with the classic thirty and get a sweet distortion pedal something like a ehx metal muff with top boost
^ yes the classic 30 is a tube amp, a very nice one at that. itll suit you good
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
No, it doesn't have effects (except reverb) but it is vastly superior in terms of both sound quality and volume. The Classic 30 is all-valve, the AD30VT is hybrid.
It depends on what genre you play. 'Loud and clean' isnt very specific. Try the VOX AD30VT though.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
but if you guys could afford either one,which one would you guys choose?,in terms of sound,

and can someone explain the diff between an all-valve and a hybrid?and which type would you choose and why? forgive me,i don't know too much about amps...
Quote by NoobOnZone
but if you guys could afford either one,which one would you guys choose?,in terms of sound,

and can someone explain the diff between an all-valve and a hybrid?and which type would you choose and why? forgive me,i don't know too much about amps...

wasup dude,

i was in this situation not long ago about a new amp, i didnt no much either i did alot of research on review sites etc. forums

and found the AD15VT actually got a better review than the Ad30VT and some reccomended the AD15VT over the AD30VT because of sound quality etc. build quality.
Heres a load of peoples opinions who bought the AD15VT http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/VOX/AD15VT+Valvetronix/10/1

and heres a load for the AD30VT
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/VOX/AD30VT+Combo/10/1

i could of afforded both second hand off ebay but decided to go brand new and got a AD15VT for £97 ... around $190
and i must say im hugely impressed it has great sound effects etc. and it surprisingly loud for a 15 watter!
unless you want to do gigs i reccomend the ad15VT.
I hope this helped!
If you can get the peavey classic 30 over the vox valvetronix, then definitely go for it Its all tube (which means that itll be about three times louder than the vox ad30vt, and will distort naturally at high volumes, with a sweet overdrive unlike solid states) and the tone and sound will be vastly superior to the vox (which is still a good amp, but if you can go all-tube, do)
Quote by JoeUK17
wasup dude,

i was in this situation not long ago about a new amp, i didnt no much either i did alot of research on review sites etc. forums

and found the AD15VT actually got a better review than the Ad30VT and some reccomended the AD15VT over the AD30VT because of sound quality etc. build quality.
Heres a load of peoples opinions who bought the AD15VT http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/VOX/AD15VT+Valvetronix/10/1

and heres a load for the AD30VT
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/VOX/AD30VT+Combo/10/1

i could of afforded both second hand off ebay but decided to go brand new and got a AD15VT for £97 ... around $190
and i must say im hugely impressed it has great sound effects etc. and it surprisingly loud for a 15 watter!
unless you want to do gigs i reccomend the ad15VT.
I hope this helped!

thanks dude...but i think i'd go with the all tube one...peavy classic 30...but thanks,
fair enough up to you.
like cmakkid said its good quality etc. at high levels...
if your lucky enough to have a room to play it "louder than the ad30vt" then fair play to you!
i just thought it would be used in an environment with neighbors lol!
i could never appreicate a classic 30 purley because... i never get past quarter volume on my ad15vt!
good luck with it anyway
peace