ok im new to arpegios

how long does it take on average to get them going fast acuratly

is it weeks months or even years?

i have to learn them for my band as well as sweep picking

help with easier ways would be appreciated

as well as some cool simple riffs/licks that are fun to practice to get speed up
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Start slow... don't try to play fast at first... it's much better to be slow and accurate than to be fast and sloppy. Just practice, bro... certain people pick **** up faster than others.
learn altitudes by jason becker. That's how I learned how to sweep. Just practice slow and make each pick deliberate instead of just lazily dragging it.
Well, you can start by spelling them right.
seriously, you should just do it slowly at first, turn the gain way up to make sure you're hitting all the notes, too many people get sloppy and don't play it properly cuz no one seems to notice. Familiarize yourself with the different types (ie major, minor, dim, aug etc.) just keep practicing, it takes long, i've been trying for a long while and still can't sweep for ****.
Learn high three string ones first. Get those down. Minor first, then major, then start linking them. As everyone has said, start SLOW. Way too many people go first. Don't try to rush it. Sweeping will just hit you at one point. It did for me, anyway. I learned it about a year ago and at this point it just comes out so easily in my playing. If you try to climb it like a brick wall, it'll sound like ****. Go slooooooow!
Quote by fhqwgads
turn the gain way up to make sure you're hitting all the notes

I'd say sweeping with a cleaner tone would give him a better idea of sweeping clean... it's easier to hear mistakes.
Quote by fhqwgads
turn the gain way up to make sure you're hitting all the notes

youre thinking of harmonics
those were a bich
got them down in my first 3 months of playing tho
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by hotboxtheglobe
I'd say sweeping with a cleaner tone would give him a better idea of sweeping clean... it's easier to hear mistakes.

With sweeping in particular, I'd disagree - turning the overdrive up will increase your muting technique as well as pointing out exactly where there's unwanted noise.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
^ you wanna sweep cleanly so that you hear everything. gain/distortion can mask mistakes.