make sure you have a current bass that you're fine with using first

that way if you do f.ck it up, then you won't be so angry
my advice? dont do it yourself...
bc ull probably end up ****ing things up ( no offensive )
i just mean that thats a ob for professionals
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Use the search bar.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I did a journey of discovery thread about this titled "Join on My Journey of Fretlessing my Bass" It shows a step by step of how to do it. And more importantly, it shows where I screwed up at each of those steps, so you don't have to make the same mistakes I did. Look it up. Now, I know 83lespaulstudio will come and say don't do it, it voids any warranty you may have on the bass and cuts retail value in half, if you're lucky. I say, it's a piece of junk bass, you're not going to sell it, it's a fun project to learn a little about bass, and it's a great way to make a bass you'll never play again look attractive once more. I just thought I'd answer that in advance.
Quote by thefitz
Use the search bar.

Fo Real. There was one kid who did a damn good job doing one, and he basicly went through step by step.
Yea I have quite a bit. I've personaly done it to my basses more that 7 times and sum guitars and other basses. Well there's a lot to be said. You can email me or something, or PM. Whatever works for you. But I have to say, take your time. And have a extra bass handy this is just a advice. Because you'll want to play bass and you cant because the poly is drying or something. Also if u mess up u have an extra .
Quote by Little_Buster

I'm sorry, but are you mentally handicapped?
well, just remember when u go to defret it, use an iron on the frets to heat them up so it'll loosen up the glue. and take ur time, because you'll end up screwing up the neck if you try and rush defretting it.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
I wish people would make threads about adding more frets onto their bass
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Little_Buster

Do you know how to use pliers? What about sanding? Because that's all it really takes to defret a bass....it's one of the easier mods you can possibly do.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by thefitz
I wish people would make threads about adding more frets onto their bass

ahahahahahaha, that would rule!!!!
Quote by Copius
Hey guys, I'm seriously considering defretting my old **** bass, what advice would you guys give me so I don't completely **** things up?

sell it, and buy a fretless.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's covered in the FAQ, lol

whens that gonna be done?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When it's ready, simple as.

It's not far off at all, though.

Which reminds me, I have to write the rest of my part.
Quote by Cody_Grey102