is it possible to get new inlays on a guitar without getting a new fretboard? or do i need to get them put on to start with? its probably a dumb question but im not very gear smart.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
say you have dot inlays, and want trapezoid inlays, then yes

but most you'd see the hole/filler, from the old inlays, really not worth it usually, if you really love the guitar get the fretboard or neck replaced if it's easier or cheaper, it's going to be really expensive either way, unless it's a bolt on neck, and then to get one with custom inlays it'd be ~400-500 dollars i'd assume
If the inlay you want is bigger than the inlay you have I would think that you would be ok, I could be wrong though.
yeah, its expensive, and you'll need to take in count that the holes of your last inlays will stay there, so go for something bigger than your last one.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by prunejuiceman74
Haha.. I has the vine of life, I would never change that thing!

right now i have the offset dots, but i really want the tree of life inlays.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
I want a vine, luckily the Epiphone 'Goth' series all have only one little XII inlay.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I love the fact the goth series has no dot inlays, I think it'd ruin the gothness of the guitar. LOL!
The Gibson Guitar of the Week a couple of weeks back was a Les Paul Supreme in Autumn burst with no inlays and it looked absolutely stunning. I kind of want a guitar with no inlays now :P
ya thats what attracted me to the SG goth

I think dots look cheap

However, My jackson has i dunno sharktooth inlays? those triangles that cover 1/2 the fret.. Anyway when playing with that in the 15-20 fret region, its so much easier when its clearly marked, that going back to the sg requires a tiny bit of getting used to
Quote by Steel8909
Has anyone actually just put sharktooth stickers over the frets? lol

Nope.Cause that's plain dumb.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack