So im going to get a bridge pickup for my Epi LP Standard Plus and I cant decide on whether a Burstbucker Pro or a Burstbucker 3

Which one would be hottest?, and I need opinions, but I dont want to hear get SD or some guy who makes pickups privately and sells them (No offense, probably great pickups but I want one of those 2)
im sorry but why do you want a burstbucker after everyone else has told you not to get them? your not really going to get a different response... i mean both of those choices are decent stock pick ups but they arent worth what gibson charges for them.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
DON'T GET THE BURSTBUCKERS OR YOUR A BIG F*CKIN IDIOT!

Well to start with you want real PAF tone right? well then have a look at Burstbuckers...

Why Burstbuckers suck compared to PAFs:
Wrong magnets: They only use Alnico II magnets, while the majority of the real ones were Alnico IV
Wrong winding: The Burstbuckers are not scatterwound, like the real ones were
Potting: Burstbuckers are extremely potted, compared to the originals, which were unpotted
Cheaper design: Burstbuckers don't include many of the important design parts of the real PAFs to save mnoney.
Overpriced: They cost as much as boutique pickups, while they don't sound as good.

Get Barekuckle Mules, they're NOT just a "small company", but there are many famous users using their pickups, such as:
Lenny Kravitz
Scott Gorham
Dan Hawkins
Steve Stevens
Johnny Marr
Gary Moore
And so on.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
used, or dont get them at all.truth be told, you could probably wind better pickups yourself, and for cheaper. its what eddie did.
Quote by DeadMeadow
So im going to get a bridge pickup for my Epi LP Standard Plus and I cant decide on whether a Burstbucker Pro or a Burstbucker 3

Which one would be hottest?, and I need opinions, but I dont want to hear get SD or some guy who makes pickups privately and sells them (No offense, probably great pickups but I want one of those 2)

The only reason you'd choose the Burstbuckers over anything else is for the Gibson name, and the only reason you'd buy something for the name is so you can show it off to other people.

Gibson pickups don't have the name on them anywhere people can see, therefore there's no logical reason to choose them. Besides, names like Bare Knuckle and Stephens Design carry far more kudos than Gibson as far as pickups go, and they also make better products.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hey people, dont make out like they are bad pups, they have a good sound and many great people use them with a great sound.

though yes, you can do better - BK is the way forward - pricey for a reason - hand wound vintage or modern sound - made to order if need be - BELIEVE the hype
Well the price difference between BKs and Gibsons is VERY small and BKs blows the Gibsons out of the water and into space.

Really. Burstbucekrs aren't bad, but they're NOT worth the price.

Not getting BKs because it's a "small, private" company is not just a bad choice, it's downrigt dumb (have you seen how many magazines raving about BKs or the artists using them?).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009