ok so i got a jackson WRMG, a BOSS metal zone MT-2 pedel, you can guess that i play mostly metal from the pedel i got, my fave band is Lamb of God but there is no way in hell i can afford the Mark IV, i have about £300 to play with so what amp do you think is my best option?

i want it to be a tube amp, and loud enough to do small gigs with, also another problem i have had with my peavey studio pro 112 is i lot of buzzing even when the strings where muted so its gotta be as quite as possable.

thanks james
based by the fact that you are in europe i would look into laneys...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
any idea what range?
when it comes to amps i realy have no idea.
Well Im pretty sure the buzzing is coming from the MT-2. If I were you Id ditch the pedal (or sell it) and get an amp that you like. As for which amp to get...just go to music shops and try some out.
realy can you get good distorshion (sp?) with out having a pedel?
yeah buts its not valve/tube amp, thanks for the help tho much appreacted
Well, due to this particular situation I wouldnt suggest you get a tube amp. One you dont have the money, and two if you get a tube amp youll still use the MT-2 so theres no point in wasting money on a tube amp.
hmmmm....i realy have my heart set on a good tube amp, maybe some saving is in order.

what do you suggest as a good tube amp?

is the PEAVEY VALVE KING 112 good for metal/hardcore?
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Well, due to this particular situation I wouldnt suggest you get a tube amp. One you dont have the money, and two if you get a tube amp youll still use the MT-2 so theres no point in wasting money on a tube amp.

I agree.

If you don't have the money, don't short out and buy a cheap tube amp--it's defintely not the way to go. I suggest you just take a practice amp, a roland 30x or a microcube or something, and save up from there.

And yeah, I'll repeat myself again, being impatient in this sort of situation will lead you to the road of regret. I'm sure everyone here has been there before.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Its really more of a classic rock amp. BUT it does have plenty of distortion for that kind of stuff. It has a gain boost (or distortion boost) for even more distortion. You may like it, and it was the only one I was going to suggest to you. lol If you can go try it out do it because its a great little amp with tons of distortion.
andy he's got £300, this ain't the typical $200 budget amp from the usa

but after looking around... jeeze it's just as hard to find a good deal over there

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=73876
eh, not sure about how good of a value it is in the uk though.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=283
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
well im likeing the look of the Randall RG-50TC i have just read a couple of reviews on it and it would seems that the amp is made for metal, and thats pretty handy as thats pretty much all i play. looks like its time to start putting pennys in a jar
Quote by kurdtkobaign

what happened to...
Randall RG50TC
Used 5150
DSL with EQ pedal
Peavey Windsor (supposed to be very high gain), maybe EQ for scooped
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...