Page 1 of 2
I dont kno if this is the right place to put this or not, but me and a friend from school got permission to start an after school guitar club.

we would have to do 2 concerts every year with the band

any ideas for rules/requirements/activities

seriously, were starting from scratch here
i really dont kno yet...................i got susspended once for wearing a cannible corpse shirt so i dont think that would go well
Just have them audition playing two songs they know, one that they know is a mediocre playing level for them, then the hardest they know. And same type of thing for drummer, bass, vocals.. etc.
hey man I did the exact same thing back in freshman year, serioulsy try to keep it really structured or itl totally fall apart. Like set a goal for each day and dont just **** around and things should be fine. Id suggest warming up(obviously) with a lil number everyone can do spot on, just to get ya all in sync and....ok im rambling but seriously make a strong structure. good luck
well for the concerts you can do a g3 like thing, where you play a few of your own stuff, and then play a few covers all together?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by The Madcap
Everyone must learn "I Cum Blood" by Cannibal Corpse to join?

like my guitar club!
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Quote by black_sabbath85
Ok. first of all, do u have atleast 1 guitarist? 1 bassist? 1 drummer and 1 guitarist?

dude GUITAR club
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Quote by Raijin.xiii
dude GUITAR club

i should have specified

its open to drummers, singer, bassists
Quote by JAS1121
is it sexist for for me to want a male vocalist?

cuz........u kno..............

Give the females a chance, but make sure you find someone, sex bound or not, that can sing whatever you need.
well every single girl at my school thinks they can sing and thay all listen to beonce and whatever else it is the kids are listening to these days
Like a guitar club where you just come together and play covers and stuff?

Or like a guitar club where guitarist will come together and help/learn from each other?
(example, helping a kid who can't get pinch harmonics down or can't get the basics of sweeping down)
hmmm....good that u have 1 of everything! Now start practicing some famous songs by famous artists like metallica, black sabbath, led zepplin....etc! and do a survey in ur school of what bands and songs most people like and practice them!
Quote by The Madcap
Everyone must learn "I Cum Blood" by Cannibal Corpse to join?

Hahahahahahahahahah

thats funny
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Like a guitar club where you just come together and play covers and stuff?

Or like a guitar club where guitarist will come together and help/learn from each other?
(example, helping a kid who can't get pinch harmonics down or can't get the basics of sweeping down)

a little of both, mostly the second one..............we were thinking of writing stuff to
Quote by JAS1121
a little of both, mostly the second one..............we were thinking of writing stuff to

It actually sounds like a really cool idea. Although I don't know how you would perform with just like 10 guitarists or something.

Perhaps you could have anyone come to the club then a few people pick a song or something and a few of you play it for a performance. Because i can guarentee not everyone is going to want to perform.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
It actually sounds like a really cool idea. Although I don't know how you would perform with just like 10 guitarists or something.

Perhaps you could have anyone come to the club then a few people pick a song or something and a few of you play it for a performance. Because i can guarentee not everyone is going to want to perform.

that could work but then we might end up alienating some members
Quote by JAS1121
that could work but then we might end up alienating some members

Have those members do something else. Bring in a bass and start to teach how to play that, get a drummer to teach others how to play that well. Mix it up.
Quote by JAS1121
my band director wants me to teach her guitar

At least your band director wants to learn. They offer a guitar class at my school, yet the band director has been playing a total of 6 months and REFUSES to take off her fake nails in order to play guitar (making it sound awful)
Quote by Guitarfreak777
At least your band director wants to learn. They offer a guitar class at my school, yet the band director has been playing a total of 6 months and REFUSES to take off her fake nails in order to play guitar (making it sound awful)

bitch......

my directors pretty cool, shes a pink floyd fan
Quote by JAS1121
my band director wants me to teach her guitar

My band director can play like everything we have. And it's funny watching him play the flute or piccolo because his fingers are too big for the buttons and he hits all the wrong notes
Quote by prunejuiceman74
My band director can play like everything we have. And it's funny watching him play the flute or piccolo because his fingers are too big for the buttons and he hits all the wrong notes

me and my friend are the only people people in the band that study music outside of school, so we end up being like the resident musicians sometimes
Quote by JAS1121
bitch......

my directors pretty cool, shes a pink floyd fan

yah tell me about it.

But your director sounds cool, so why not teach her guitar or at least show her the basics?
Yeah. Our band is a giant class of self taught musicians helping to teach others. I'm not in the first period band, which is where we all learn how to play things, because I have AP Bio that period. So in Jazz band, third period, my director has a trombone player go outside with me to teach me how to play that. Then when a song comes up I play on the guitar bass or piano, I just go back inside, play it and come back out. Yeah. My band director is kick ass.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
That sucks ass man

Yeah it does. I mean, our band isn't huge, but at least it has 60 people in it. Small by most band standards. What sucks is how you don't audition to get in, it's anyone who wants in can come. Meaning those of us who know much have to teach noobs and that really sucks for marching season because we won't ever win first! Grrr.. We've gotten two second places this season, at our two competitions. We want a first, and an 80 for Percussion. But our Bass line is full of retards! And we scored a 77.75 at our last one, thanks again to our awesome pit. EVeryone is ready to burn the bass line alive. And clarinets in our band are retards.. They attract idiots and that's it.. lol. I feel for you.
Quote by prunejuiceman74
Yeah it does. I mean, our band isn't huge, but at least it has 60 people in it. Small by most band standards. What sucks is how you don't audition to get in, it's anyone who wants in can come. Meaning those of us who know much have to teach noobs and that really sucks for marching season because we won't ever win first! Grrr.. We've gotten two second places this season, at our two competitions. We want a first, and an 80 for Percussion. But our Bass line is full of retards! And we scored a 77.75 at our last one, thanks again to our awesome pit. EVeryone is ready to burn the bass line alive. And clarinets in our band are retards.. They attract idiots and that's it.. lol. I feel for you.

anybody for UG Marching band club?
Quote by hug a llama
Make it open to everyone?

+1

use it as an opportunity for everybody to learn off each other and have jams and all that kind of thing. hopefully you dont get too many wankers
Quote by Diamond Dave
+1

use it as an opportunity for everybody to learn off each other and have jams and all that kind of thing. hopefully you dont get too many wankers

were going to have auditions so idiots shouldnt be a problem
Quote by prunejuiceman74
Hell yeah! Marching band rocks!

word..............somebody else will have to make it though i dont know how
Page 1 of 2