Ive been trying to get better pinch harmonics and someone recommended Zakk Wylde
boomers 11s. so I went and got some. damn things are like bass strings! and the low E (70) wont even fit threw my tuning peg.
any other good string recommendations?

p.s.
dont recommend Z.W. boomers 10s, already gonna try them. looking for other options.
I know if you have EMG pickups that they give some pretty sweet pinch harmonics. But other than that I can't really help you. Sorry

Edit: what do you mean by "Better" pinch harmonics?
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at Nov 8, 2007,
do you have good pickups on your guitar, and/or a good amp? that helps alot.... i just use regular gauge daddarios and i get them fine.... i think more of it is from technique than the kind of strings you have though
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
oops, sorry I didnt post this.

2001 Jackson KV2 EMG81 Original floyd
super slinky hybrids
Johnson JM150 set to emulate high gain hotroded marshall
Celestion Vintage 30s
Well, I know that like BR or something, dimebag used em. Their supposed to be good. Theres no real string that will make it better, but high output picks and good finger movements will get you what you need.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
We all know that to get better pinch harmonics you gotta make the pinch harmonics face. It's kinda like a scrunched face you might make if you were in a bit of pain. Sort of look away from your guitar and scrunch your face like pain is making that squeal.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by teamzaius
We all know that to get better pinch harmonics you gotta make the pinch harmonics face. It's kinda like a scrunched face you might make if you were in a bit of pain. Sort of look away from your guitar and scrunch your face like pain is making that squeal.

lol
Considering I can make my guitar squeel (using a Squier and an MG15), I'd say you need to work on your technique.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by mickeysixx
the low E (70)

holy **** 70s?? lol thats so thick
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Im using ernie ball "pinch squeel gauge strings", a new brand especially made for pinching, i honestly sound like dimebag when i play on my guitar now...just wow.
Practice until you can do them without masses of gain and distortion.

When you can, stick some distortion on, and you'll sound great. No string is going to suddenly turn you into the long haired arse that calls himself Zakk Wylde.
****ing idiot Pinch harmonics are all technique. The higher out put your pick ups are and the more gain you ahve the easier they are but strings have not part of it its all technique
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^yes! people do them on acoustics, and i can do them clean - its just technique - i use the thumb method like most, but you can use the index finger too
It's almost entirely down to technique....

But even so, I'm surprised no-one's thought to mention Stainless Steel strings, which are exactly what the threadstarter is after!
Try the D'Addario ProSteels, EB Stainless Steel Slinkys, Thomastik 'Power Brights' etc.
The recipe for a perfect pinch harmonic is technique+a fair amount of gain. If you have those 2 things it doesn't matter what pickups or strings you use.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by davedoom
i use the thumb method like most, but you can use the index finger too

From what I know:

"thumb method" = Pinch harmonic
"index finger method" = Artificial harmonic

Although the pinch harmonic is an artificial harmonic too (as in compared to natural harmonic), but whatever. At least that's what I've read.
^yes normally, but i didnt mean place the pad of your index finger over the string (yes that IS art. harmonic - usually over the corresponding fret, to the fretted note with your left hand) but to use the outside of the index finger much like your thumb, im sure im not the only one who has tried it that way - but it enables you to "pinch" much like using the thumb
Quote by davedoom
^yes normally, but i didnt mean place the pad of your index finger over the string (yes that IS art. harmonic - usually over the corresponding fret, to the fretted note with your left hand) but to use the outside of the index finger much like your thumb, im sure im not the only one who has tried it that way - but it enables you to "pinch" much like using the thumb

Oh, I've never heard of that. Interesting.