so this school in my area had a protest against the war in iraq a week ago and they were forced to go outside the building for the protest and were told they would not face criminal charges. they agreed and went outside to protest so as to not cause any problems, and never became violent. now every one who was present at the protest is facing in school suspension and possibly expulsion for this, as well as being charged with some crimes (disrupting school i think) even though no vandalism or violence even happened. i think it's absolute bull**** and not legal. it's a public school, so 4th amendment rights do apply to the students (freedom of speech only protects you from the government, anyone else can stop you from talking, though often that would result in assault, battery, etc.) what do you think about this? you make have heard about it apparently it made national news.

heres a news article on it
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Last edited by rhcpwhitey at Nov 8, 2007,
freedom of speech has been dead for years...
the government watches everything you do....
there is no such thing as democracy...
totaliarianism has taken control of the world....
the president is no more than a figurehead, he has no power....
the illuminati control polititians like puppets...
gone are the days of rights and freedoms...
"truth" is fabricated to mask conspiracy...
the individual counts for nothing....
governments would sacrifice millions of their people to benifit their ego....
all wars are unfounded...
television and media are brainwash the people with the governments lies...
all of the major world powers are founded of corruption, deceit, and the work of those beneath them...
the outcomes of elections are decided before candidates have been announced to the public...
everything you know is a lie...
ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery, and war is peace.....
humanity will inevitably destroy itself...
the future of our race is ruled by a one world government putting one figure in charge of us all...
resistance is futile...

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING....
Last edited by jwade456 at Nov 8, 2007,
If they were told they wouldn't face criminal charges if they left the premises then I'm pretty sure they have some sort of defence.

But I'm not a lawyer.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Well it's perfectly jusitified that you're suspended and possibly expelled, and if you were having a protest it's disrupting school anyway surely?

Might have been 'peaceful' but still very disruptive.

In communist Russia, war protests YOU!!!

Seriously though that's complete bull****, get violent i say, give them something to expell you for (even if you wern't involved)
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Well you can't just randomly skip class to "protest"...
My God, it's full of stars!
Obviously this protest was held during class if it was interrupting class? Assuming that is true; wouldn't that mean you were all, or a majority of you all skipping a class or some activity that is punishable by suspension or detention?

Expulsion seems like an exaggeration of the story.