What are the best single effect pedals on the market...Ive bought multieffects pedals recently however now im going back to single guitar pedals instead.

Are boss pedals the best?

I used to own some before and thought they sounded good yet are a bit expensive.

Are there better/cheaper single guitar effects pedals out there.

For instance I notice some people have a nice heavy sounding metal sound to their guitar and was wondering what type of pedal gets that sound...im sure the amp has a big part in it and the type of guitar as well however before I spend any more money on stuff I dont really end up liking i want to see what is the best pedals for metal and Rock music or for whatever type of music you may play.

Thanks for any replys
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
there are so many pedal makers
boss is good
ehx is better imo
but the more boutique the better or so it would seem
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
ehx?...is that Electro-Harmonix...just wondering so i know what Im searching for.

Thanks for the reply.

Click Here
I'm in love with Line 6's DL4. Sure its expensive but i have not heard a better delay yet.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Delay is definately one of the pedals Im looking to buy along with a flanger,phaser,distortion,chorus, plus a few more.

Is this the delay pedal you were refering to

the Line 6 DL4

Click Here
Fulltone, Analogman, RMC, Love Pedals, etc.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
best is a useless term. no matter what you think is the shit, theres some totally obscure pedal that 3 random guys in basements think is better than anything youve ever played. best to just go with what sounds good to your ear. whether it be cheap bargain bin pedals, or hi end wallet breakers.
When I ask what is the best I really mean what do you think is the best...its not like you can tell me what others think is the best...im just asking what you think is best so i have something to go buy when looking around so i dont have to waste my time.

thanks for the reply though

Click Here
im just trying to let you know now dude. youll save a lot more time if you just follow your ear. effects on my board range from. 10 bucks each, to 1000(yes, a thousand) dollars each. you just gotta play it by ear man. *rimshot*
Quote by D_Vincent
Delay is definately one of the pedals Im looking to buy along with a flanger,phaser,distortion,chorus, plus a few more.

Is this the delay pedal you were refering to

the Line 6 DL4

Thats the one.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Delay - line dl is good, but i have a digitech digidelay and its great, and ive heard good things about boss, and ehx makes great ones as well.

flanger - mxr, ada (if you can find one), boss aint half bad, ehx flanger hoax/deluxe electric mistress.

phaser - never tried one but mxr is supposedly the best but you could try the ehx small stone.

disto - try them all out depends on your taste

chorus - dont know much, but you could try the line 6 mm4, it has a phaser,flanger,chorus,vibrato and leslie sounds all in one.
Sigs are too hard to think up
For a phaser the MXR might be the one I might buy.

Wonder what the difference is in these 2 MRX phasers other than one is about 60 bucks more than the other.

Canadian money this one is $110

This one is $175 canadian.

Im pretty sure im getting the MXR for a phaser.

I wonder if this MXR distortion pedal is any good?

MXR DD11 Dime Distortion Pedal...costs arouns $130 canadian $

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Nov 8, 2007,
I'm not a fan of Boss, and I'm a big fan of EHX, but it all depends on what type of sound and pedal you're after.

The MXR Phaser is a good one, but check out the Small Clone. It's amazing how two pedals supposedly doing the same thing can sound so different.

I don't like Digitech at all, but their Bad Monkey OD pedal is probably one of the best values on the market. Indistinguishable by most from much higher end OD's like Ibanez and Maxon.

Check out Visual Sound stuff, too. They're not entirely cheap, but they often put two great pedals in one housing (OD/Compressor, OD/Distortion, Chorus/Echo), justifying the cost.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
well this one isnt really an effect pedal, but its a sound pedal. i just bought a VOX big ben overdrive, and it sounds better than any other overdrive pedal out there. it runs on a tube, so it makes tube distortion. the controls respond very well, and it doesnt shape your tone at all. there are many different tones you can make with this pedal. i paid $170 USD for it. you can def tell a difference between this one and solid state pedals that try to emulate the tube sound.
Quote by TehJermie
best is a useless term. no matter what you think is the shit, theres some totally obscure pedal that 3 random guys in basements think is better than anything youve ever played. best to just go with what sounds good to your ear. whether it be cheap bargain bin pedals, or hi end wallet breakers.

+1
Different effects work differently w/ different amps, types of guitars, pickups etc. A $39 US Boss DS-1 distortion sounds great w/ a JCM 800, where it may sound like crap on another amp. A Fulltone Fulldrive 2 ($189 US I think) sounds muddy on some amps, despite being one of the "best" units available. I personally like uber-cheap chorus pedals, because expensive ones don't sound any better IMO. Just try out as much gear as you can, & buy what works best w/ YOUR rig.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by .arkness:.
I'm in love with Line 6's DL4. Sure its expensive but i have not heard a better delay yet.

though the Keeley mod makes this sky high above anything else