Page 1 of 2
Deadset. Ive seen girls blow hundreds on clothes. At least 12 pairs of shoes.
i think its ****ing ridiculous.
My girlfriend is out right now 'shopping' a ritual that occurs every thursday.

Discuss
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
Their obsession with shopping is like our obsession with music and instruments. It gives them the jollies in the trousers.
Maybe we just like clothes/fashion/looking good/having a choice on what to wear.
What's the big deal?
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
man i love clothes shopping. if i can afford it. and no im not gay. i just like to look good.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by muso_ chris
man i love clothes shopping. if i can afford it. and no im not gay. i just like to look good.

Buying clothes makes you gay? I always thought it was knobbing men only, but you learn something new everyday
I hate clothes shopping. I have a bad temper and when I cant find anything that looks any good I get cranky.
So I wear mostly boys clothes.
& my flannie
& jeans
& cut offs for summer.

If I had the body I probably would waste heaps on clothes too, but I just dont.

Oh and theres the fact I have **** all money >:/
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Quote by sargasm
If you don't buy clothes you will be naked.

More of a reason not to buy them!

I'm a girl... clothes shopping is ok. I usually only do it if I absolutely have to though. Normally, I blow my extra cash on Cds.
I've been wearing the same sweater and pants for almost a year now, and I haven't bought new shirts/boxers for at least two. I might buy two pair of pants each year, and that's simply because they're prone to wear out much more than other clothes.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by jimmmypage#1
Deadset. Ive seen girls blow hundreds on clothes. At least 12 pairs of shoes.
i think its ****ing ridiculous.
My girlfriend is out right now 'shopping' a ritual that occurs every thursday.

Discuss
WTF is with YOU?

You're just noticing this? This is Ancient History, dude.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If you want horror stories....

My friend came over to visit me. She came all the way over from Canada for two weeks and those two weeks were the best two weeks of my life ever. Even so, we spent £400 on clothes and shoes in 3 hours. Correction, she spent CAD$1400 in three days in London with me. I tried to stop her but I couldnt, I carried her bags. We spent an entire Friday, Saturday and Sunday shopping for 8 hours a day on those two days. For her entire trip she spent well over CAD$2500 in two weeks and I think out of the two weeks she was here we would average 3 - 4 hours a day walking round malls and not buying anything.

I put up with it because I wanted her to be happy. She knew how much I hated shopping, in fact I hate it so much I would rather have by balls cut off with tweezers, but I wanted her to enjoy herself and I never once complained. I reaped the rewards after *hint* *hint*

(She wasnt spending my money so it was all good)
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
If you want horror stories....

My friend came over to visit me. She came all the way over from Canada for two weeks and those two weeks were the best two weeks of my life ever. Even so, we spent £400 on clothes and shoes in 3 hours. Correction, she spent CAD$1400 in three days in London with me. I tried to stop her but I couldnt, I carried her bags. We spent an entire Friday, Saturday and Sunday shopping for 8 hours a day on those two days. For her entire trip she spent well over CAD$2500 in two weeks and I think out of the two weeks she was here we would average 3 - 4 hours a day walking round malls and not buying anything.

I put up with it because I wanted her to be happy. She knew how much I hated shopping, in fact I hate it so much I would rather have by balls cut off with tweezers, but I wanted her to enjoy herself and I never once complained. I reaped the rewards after *hint* *hint*

(She wasnt spending my money so it was all good)
I hope you love her, 'cause the bitch is gonna marry your ass, and nuthin's gonna change.

... welcome to your destiny, PW.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Man I hate clothes shopping. I don't think i've bought myself any clothes in years, I just rely on the usual Christmas and Birthday presents. I really don't understand how girls ( or guys ) can enjoy it so much.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
The way I see it, clothes shopping is to girls what UG is to us.

Does that make things a little clearer?
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

^
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Yeah... i can see the obvious mindless lunacy in both.
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
i've seen boys spend hundreds on video games.

your point is...?

it's not like it affects you in a negative way. leave us to our shopping, and we'll leave you to your pointless-thread-posting. sound fair?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I spend a good bit on games, and I also spend a bit on clothes.

My sisters brought me up to not feel too bad about clothes shopping, and now, whenever I am out with female friends, they know they can be normal, and I can even provide useful input. (I have friends who trust my judgement over other girls.)

Women and shopping aren't that bad, you just need to get used to it.
"The hope that starts the broken heart;
The trust you must confess" - Best of You, Foo Fighters
Quote by Mehall
Women and shopping aren't that bad, you just need to get used to it.

You just need to be raised as one?

Allright, sorry. About the video game comment: At least video games doesn't make you vain. Cars might be a better example.
I'm a communist. Really.
I spend basically all my spare money on clothes.

It was my birthday a couple weeks ago, I got given some birthday money early so I could buy my own presents... I went to London with friends and spent loads on clothes.

Then with the extra birthday money I got, I bought more clothes back here in Brighton.

My wardrobe rules
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by Raziel2p
You just need to be raised as one?

Allright, sorry. About the video game comment: At least video games doesn't make you vain. Cars might be a better example.

you never met my ex.

"er, excuse me, i'm NOT going to talk to someone who can't even complete level 253. i'm better than you. and i'm not going out until i can defeat this game in under 20 minutes. NOW LEAVE!"

shopping doesn't make girls vain; we like to look nice. if we don't look nice, you all s****** and tell us what ugly whores we are.

anyway, most girls i know actually aren't that obsessed by shopping. i'm not. i can't afford it. i prefer spending time on teh internets or at teh cinemas or in my car (please arrive soon, sat nav...) or drawing like an obsessive drawing person.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
you never met my ex.

"er, excuse me, i'm NOT going to talk to someone who can't even complete level 253. i'm better than you. and i'm not going out until i can defeat this game in under 20 minutes. NOW LEAVE!"

shopping doesn't make girls vain; we like to look nice. if we don't look nice, you all laugh and tell us what ugly whores we are.

anyway, most girls i know actually aren't that obsessed by shopping. i'm not. i can't afford it. i prefer spending time on teh internets or at teh cinemas or in my car (please arrive soon, sat nav...) or drawing like an obsessive drawing person.

Your ex sounds like my kind of girl. (Course, I've always completed Lv. whatever so that ain't an issue.)
Quote by Mehall
Your ex sounds like my kind of girl. (Course, I've always completed Lv. whatever so that ain't an issue.)

i'm a girl, he's a boy.

*sighs and smacks head against the screen*

it's about time UG realised that "esther" is a girl's name.
<//////>~ dA
^Esther is in no way associated with female society or it's subsidiaries.

Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Yeah, well. I don't generally look at names. I check what people are saying and respond to that. This is why people get confused with me.

I make in-jokes, because I don't realise I'm not talking to the right person.
Quote by This_Kidd
^Esther is in no way associated with female society or it's subsidiaries.

i went to a "girly party" once.

now that was something i didn't understand the point of.

why does wearing pink, eating "girly" food, and watching "girly" movies, whilst talking about how rubbish men are, constitute enjoyment?

it doesn't.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

*cough*

What about the girls on UG?
Quote by esther_mouse
you never met my ex.

shopping doesn't make girls vain; we like to look nice. if we don't look nice, you all laugh and tell us what ugly whores we are.

Oh, well then I guess your view is justified, although very stereotypical (or people are a lot more into video games where you live than here). And I have to tell you, your explanation of why girls like shopping to look nice is practically the definition of vanity. It's the society's fault if guys actually tell girls they're ugly because they dress unfashionably - but when girls keep on giving in to the pressure of looking beautiful, that's not helping to solve the problem.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Oh, well then I guess your view is justified, although very stereotypical (or people are a lot more into video games where you live than here). And I have to tell you, your explanation of why girls like shopping to look nice is practically the definition of vanity. It's the society's fault if guys actually tell girls they're ugly because they dress unfashionably - but when girls keep on giving in to the pressure of looking beautiful, that's not helping to solve the problem.

and saying that girls like shopping isn't stereotypical? lol

i know lots of boys who like shopping as well. and some girls who well...really should shop more...wearing the same jumper since primary school is a little disturbing.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
i went to a "girly party" once.

now that was something i didn't understand the point of.

why does wearing pink, eating "girly" food, and watching "girly" movies, whilst talking about how rubbish men are, constitute enjoyment?

it doesn't.
Of course it doesn't. Everyone knows you'd much rather be "talking about how rubbish men are" whilst in your sweatclothes and drinking vodka straight from the bottle.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
How much do you spend on music?

CDs, records, gigs etc?

Same thing.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by esther_mouse
and saying that girls like shopping isn't stereotypical? lol

i know lots of boys who like shopping as well. and some girls who well...really should shop more...wearing the same jumper since primary school is a little disturbing.

I can assure you, at least 80% of the girls around 15-18 here in Norway shop just as described in this thread, and probably a bit more would go under the classification of "vain" in my dictionary...

Anyways, I'm not critisising all girls, just the ones who shop too much. I know some lovely girls, only there's very few of them.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
I can assure you, at least 80% of the girls around 15-18 here in Norway shop just as described in this thread, and probably a bit more would go under the classification of "vain" in my dictionary...

Anyways, I'm not critisising all girls, just the ones who shop too much. I know some lovely girls, only there's very few of them.

norway, eh?

never been.

nice place?
<//////>~ dA
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I hope you love her, 'cause the bitch is gonna marry your ass, and nuthin's gonna change.

... welcome to your destiny, PW.

Damn, I wish I could be with her now ... There is nothing I can do to win her round because shes back home..

Miss her so much
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Page 1 of 2