I've just found a "Robot" guitar made by gibson it looks a bit like its gibson version of fender VG Stratocaster, I think the gibson got a bit more in it though like those self tuners.
http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/index.html
the videos on there are pretty amusing
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Nov 8, 2007,
What's the next thing they'll cook up? Some kind of searching device for online forums, maybe in bar form?
Maybe they will make a guitar that plays itself. Then I don't have to bother practicing cos everyone will think I'm a great player.....
this was on UG music news ages ago.pretty awesome though. but the VG strat tuned the strings relative to each other, so it would still be a little out of tune. this tunes individual strings.so it tunes itself.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
The VG is crap compared to what this sounds like it will be.
Member #4 of the punctuation police, pm alex_haeni to join.
it looks awesome!
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by kyrreca
What's the next thing they'll cook up? Some kind of searching device for online forums, maybe in bar form?

I did seach for it but obviously not very well, I just spoted the other thread about it, but theres no harm done really =]

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by sepultura alma
I did seach for it but obviously not very well, I just spoted the other thread about it, but theres no harm done really =]

no harm done, of course
I usually don't make "omg search bar" posts, don't know what hit me.

I'd like to try one of those guitars, though. But they'll probably be like $20.000 where I live (not exaggerating)
theres like a world view of where you can find them to buy, its pretty much all in america mainly the west, theres like a couple in portugal and one in sweden

I was thinking it says its a limited run so maybe there just testing the water so to speak to see how well it sells, but if it is a limited it can't really hope to compete with the fender VG over the long run

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Nov 8, 2007,
Lol,the videos are retarded, they look like as if they are some sort of propaganda videos on going against fenders............

Awsome guitar though but i sure dont want it to attack me out of the blue
Last edited by FenderStRaT RS at Nov 8, 2007,
it deems you not worthy to play it and strangles you with one of the strings, slowly tuning it arounds your neck lol

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
they really are making a mountain out of a molehill to be honest, and probably sticking an everest of a price tag on it. its just a les paul with that powertune system. i don't see whats wrong with just saving the money and tuning the guitar yourself.

i think its kinda funny that "robot kills strat" video - they are basically trying to say "fender sucks", but fender aren't the ones relying on robotic tuning systems to keep their guitars in tune...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by Blompcube
they really are making a mountain out of a molehill to be honest, and probably sticking an everest of a price tag on it. its just a les paul with that powertune system. i don't see whats wrong with just saving the money and tuning the guitar yourself.

That's exactly he point I'm trying to make in the other thread about this.

Tuning a hardtail isn't so difficult/annoying that it justifies the massive pricetag.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
Lol,the videos are retarded, they look like as if they are some sort of propaganda videos on going against fenders............

Awsome guitar though but i sure dont want it to attack me out of the blue

yeah, after seeing what it did to that strat, i'm not gonna buy one
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
^Further more,if u watch the last video, the robot guitar killed the guy in the shower cuz he had a fender tatoo on his hand,lol
are there no more pressing issues than "HOW CAN WE MAKE A SELF-TUNING GUITAR?!?!" ?

100% unnecessary if you ask me. simply a novelty item. the concept is a good one, but the cpu serves only to tune the guitar.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
IMO, the "robot" is kinda a lame name, think about it, "what kinda guitar is that", "a robot", ehh just my opinion lol i wouldnt get it even if i could afford it cause of the name, AND because i can tune my own guitar seems too futuristic for me :P
Quote by one vision
IMO, the "robot" is kinda a lame name, think about it, "what kinda guitar is that", "a robot", ehh just my opinion lol i wouldnt get it even if i could afford it cause of the name, AND because i can tune my own guitar seems too futuristic for me :P

I agree, if it were the 1970's the Gibson Robot would sound pretty cool though.
Quote by Blompcube

i think its kinda funny that "robot kills strat" video - they are basically trying to say "fender sucks", but fender aren't the ones relying on robotic tuning systems to keep their guitars in tune...

Well I think its good, if and only if:

The time it takes to tune with the new system is quicker than tuning by hand

and

The price tag increase from a normal Les paul is less than another guitar

IMO if either of those requisits aren't met then I can't see where the advantage is.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by inafantasy
The VG is crap compared to what this sounds like it will be.

MM, totally different thing!
The VG can actually do a lot more diverse tunings than this. It can tune up real high and down low(though the variax would be better-Octave down, 5th up).
If you tried anything like this on the tronical system, the strings would either be super floppy or snap. This is pretty much only good for tunings with a very closed range and getting them perfect.

reviews have said that its pretty crap for live use. I see it only being an asset in studio environments.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I thought it had a fernandes sustainer system on it, sure would be a nice feature too...
I don't even shred
there is one major advantage i can see, you can switch tuning mid song, if you ever wanted to, i wouldnt but some people may find some cool use for it.

asides from that, it's just a trophy to say "i have a fat wallet"
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
there is one major advantage i can see, you can switch tuning mid song, if you ever wanted to, i wouldnt but some people may find some cool use for it.

Well, it's not like Gibson doesn't have any other guitars that scream morbidly obese bank acount.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Storm_Bringer_

Just like any other Gibson?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.