Hi, i've decided now to tune my guitar to drop C because i just love that sound.
I love to play metal, so could you name me some metal(core) bands that use Drop C tuning? thank you.
All of them.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
damn yes i already know: bullet for my valentine, CoB , as i lay dying, metallica(st anger) but what else?
killswitch engage
Guitars
-ibanez apex
-fender fat strat

Amps
-fender frontman 15g
-roland cube 15

Effects
-dime siginature crybaby from hell

Quote by bobthemonkey14
But carpal tunnel is the best tunnel there is...
Atreyu, Escape The Fate, Bullet For The Valentine ummmm From First To Last ( not metal or metal core but they still use it on Heroine) I think In This Moment do...
That's all off the top of my head
Wait till i find somthing to put here hey...
escape the fate arn't metal/core either... but still they're there
Wait till i find somthing to put here hey...
mudvanyne. some of there stuff is in drop b or D it's a little all over the place
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Is it similar to drop D where you just down tune the Bottom E then bar the top three strings?
Tune your guitar to D standard, then drop the low string an extra step, just like drop d.
System of a Down uses drop C (CGCFAD) on Toxicity, System of a Down, and Steal This Album.
And they use drop C# on Mezmerize and Hypnotize, I think there might be two songs off those two albums that are played using drop C, but everything else on those two is drop C# (C#G#C#F#A#D#)
Quote by Sam_L
CoB is dropped a full step to D NOT drop C.

the are you dead yet? album is in drop C
and so are the songs sixpounder and angels dont kill i believe

also...
i thought machine head tuned lower than Drop C?
Top lel.
Quote by Magero
^You are correct in every way.
Machine Head played in Drop C for a few songs though

i thought they played C# standard on "aesthetics of hate", because i think thats what the tab in total guitar said...
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
the are you dead yet? album is in drop C
and so are the songs sixpounder and angels dont kill i believe

also...
i thought machine head tuned lower than Drop C?

I know sixpounder was, i thought they played in D standard most the time though, at least for their good stuff :p haha
Last edited by Sam_L at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by Magero
^You are correct in every way.
Machine Head played in Drop C for a few songs though

I have never seen a song in drop C Drop B usually and ive seen C# but thats all, but i haven't looked at every song