Upon looking at the Mi Audio Boost n' Buff pedal, i wanted to know if the buffering in the boost and buff pedal would help my tone more than if i got a true bypass looper from keeley.
thanks
Sigs are too hard to think up
Any way you look at it, you're never going to get absolutely true bypassing from anything, no matter how it's being marketed.
First pedal should be buffed, or somewhere in the beginning of the line. Otherwise you'd end up with a weaker signal if you're using alot of pedals.

I find an EQ can compensate for most tonesucking.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
One buffer in front is good, but if you've got 4 bad buffers after it (digidelay, whammy, SD-1, Behringer), those are going to suck your tone and a good buffer won't help.
so what do you mean? the boost n buff wont help like the true bypass looper will?
The true bypass will be loads better- you've already got loads of buffers in your chain, one more could only hurt it.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Any way you look at it, you're never going to get absolutely true bypassing from anything, no matter how it's being marketed.

Actually, you can. It's just the load of the cables that gives you tone-suck in a TB chain.
true bypass is overhyped. i just use a valvulator up front. i use all kinds of pedals with "bad" bypasses and my response is preserved just fine.
but isnt the boost and buff a "good" buffer unlike the boss and behringer ones?