I am rebuilding a telecaster and sanding isn't really getting anywhere... What could i use to help speed up the paint removal process?
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
I am rebuilding a telecaster and sanding isn't really getting anywhere... What could i use to help speed up the paint removal process?

try broken glass. Get shards from a broken window (I strongly suggest using thick gloves for this) and use their edge as a scraper. As soon as you're done, just do the regular sanding to get the surface rid of some posibnle scratches and/or small cuts-
Quote by vivalasoad883
if you've been sanding by hand, may I recommend an electric sander? worked brilliant for me

yeah i have been using an electric sander, its not very effective and its eating through a pad in under 30 secs.

i will have a look for some sharper pads and maybe some stripper.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Electric sander took me like more than 2 hours per side. WTF? Doesn't work too great...
What kind of tele? I assume you mean a Squier/Mex Standard/Japanese? Cause with those thick poly finishes you may as well take a belt sander to it! It takes me at least 5 hours to strip a cheap poly-finished guitar by hand...
If its taking you forever to strip it wouldnt it just be easier to paint over it?