Whats an easy major or minor strict solo to memorize that covrs a good range of frets, to help me keep track of what frets are in my scale, when i start shiftign around the fretboard?

Im really trying to become fluent in keeping track of my notes once i break out of the scale shapes or mode shapes or shift shapes, because though those cover a good range, i usually loose track of my self once i break out of those patterns, and my ear training insnt that good so im not so good on hearing which notes are in my current scale.
Right now all I can think of is the solo in Shook Me All Night Long and Highway to Hell. Simple enough, and cover a few octaves. I would have some much better examples, but I can't seem to think of anything. Sorry .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Free Bird.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Let it be
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
In Flames - The Hive

Sounds a lot harder than it really is and I'm pretty sure stays in G Major/E Minor (well their tuning is different but you get the idea). It's really really fun to play too.
Improvise over a simple chord progression. I find it better to learn the scales for a horizontal approach.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by El Cumanés
Improvise over a simple chord progression. I find it better to learn the scales for a horizontal approach.

I am doing this now and it worked and sounded cool. Till I realized I was just following around the rhythm and doing very few riffs for dynamic. Then when I try to break from the rhythm and guide myself for a bit before going back it sounds terrible and soul less. Got any recommendations?