i have just bought a laney lc15 for £95 second hand and would like to know some things.

firstly this one has a hh invader speaker, are these any good and are these from older versions and the latest seem to have celestion 10s in.

also there doesn't seem to be a speaker out but according to the manual on the laney site there should be for both the lc15 and lc15r.

There is a line out on mine, what is that for? can i run a cab using that?

does the laney lc15 need the tubes biasing when replaced?

also can people suggest some valves to give the laney a bit more punch for metal

are there any decent pedals i should buy for use with it?

if the hh invader speaker could do with being replaced, what other 10" speaker should i swap it for?

is there anything else i should know?

thanks
Last edited by Sepulturick at Nov 8, 2007,
Um...I think the valves will need biasing if you replace them with anything other than whatever is already in there, but don't take that as correct. And the only other thing I can say is, for that price...awesome purchase
1) The old HH Invader's aren't good, but the new Celestions aren't much better
2) AFAIK only the LC15R has a n ext. speaker out/line out?
3) They wouldn't need biasing
4) If you want more metal tones, buy an overdrive pedal like the Bad Monkey, set it to boost a lot of level but not much gain, and that'll get you higher gains, but keep in mind it's not exactly a metal amp.
5) Eminence do good 10" speakers
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Denthúl
Um...I think the valves will need biasing if you replace them with anything other than whatever is already in there, but don't take that as correct. And the only other thing I can say is, for that price...awesome purchase

thanks, i actually bought it from my local cash converters which is a bit like a pawn shop for anyone who has not heard of them.
Quote by Sepulturick
thanks, i actually bought it from my local cash converters which is a bit like a pawn shop for anyone who has not heard of them.

Bloody hell. I would've expected more. I went down to Cash Generator the other week and they had a beaten up Stagg strat...selling for nearly £200! You are going to be nominated for 'lucky guy of the week'