I'm just wondering if I'm the only person in the world who finds it completely unneccessary to abbreviate names of bands. "BLS","A7X","RHCP","MCR", etc. I find it ironic that the only word I ever abbr. is abbreviate...

To me abbreviated band names just look ****ty. I mean, RHCP... MCR? Those just look bad... I guess they just look like the band sounds *Raises flame shield!*

Any abbreviations you find neccessary? Any you find REALLY unneccessary?

Basically, just looking for opinions on band abbreviations.
Quote by ibryant0915
I'm just wondering if I'm the only person in the world who finds it completely unneccessary to abbreviate names of bands. "BLS","A7X","RHCP","MCR", etc. I find it ironic that the only word I ever abbr. is abbreviate...

To me abbreviated band names just look ****ty. I mean, RHCP... MCR? Those just look bad... I guess they just look like the band sounds *Raises flame shield!*

Any abbreviations you find neccessary? Any you find REALLY unneccessary?

Basically, just looking for opinions on band abbreviations.

QFT
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
STFU and GTFO!

LOL!
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Lol wut? Ur Cr4zy dud.e
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
NIN!!!

Can't go wrong there now.
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
I rarely abbreviate anything, the only one really is SYL... when I'm typing it anyway.
Looking through my music collection though, I have surprisingly few bands with names more than a couple of words long..
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
Why on earth would I waste my time typing out 'My Chemical Romance' when 'MCR' gets the exact same message across? Stop being so anal.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
U Req. Atc 4 Ur Hern. Bec. It Is Gettin' -> Of Ctrl!!!
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Why on earth would I waste my time typing out 'My Chemical Romance' when 'MCR' gets the exact same message across? Stop being so anal.

Well said.

Abbreviations are used for convenience.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Its bad enough having to read 'MCR' without someone writing the whole name and me flashing white with rage.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I use some abbrievations.

Like on MSN, I can't be bothered to type out "Be Right Back" when dinners out. I want my food soon!

I love "Cba", "Brb", "lol", "Lmao", "Rofl".

I'm quite sure "Etc." is needed. I am not writing out "Et Cetera" everytime.
It annoys me when people say the abbreviations in normal speech.

But yeah, I'll be damned if I'm gonna type out "Black Label Society" everytime I wanna mention the band on the PC...
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
It annoys me when people say the abbreviations in normal speech.

But yeah, I'll be damned if I'm gonna type out "Black Label Society" everytime I wanna mention the band on the PC...

I bet you say PC in real life.

Personally, I don't abbreviate a lot. I use brb, etc and abbreviations for classes on msn, the only ones I pronounce abbreviated in real life are the ones that are actually called that way (like MSN and SMS).
Quote by wiggy1988
AC/DC tut tut

"Hello! We are Alternating Current Slash Direct Current!"
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut