Well I just ordered myself a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp and now I’m looking to get a new guitar. I have a Vintage VRS100 and Fender Squire VII Strat which are alright but by no means perfect. I’d probably be willing to get rid of one them in order to part finance this. Although I don’t know how much the strat is worth considering I can’t find another one online anywhere. Hopefully it’s worth more than I think, but that’s unlikely.

Anyway, I’m looking for something that’s reliable and versatile. I play funk and ska with my band, jazz in a side project and rock and blues at home.

I’m also quite picky when it comes to tuning stability, I don’t know if it’s just my guitars but it’s gotten to the stage where I don’t want to bend strings because I know it’ll put me out. So preferably I’d like a guitar with a locking bridge system, Edge Pro perhaps?

Anyway, I guess I’d be able to work up about £300 and then through getting rid of some junk (and guitars) I’ve got lying around, push that to about £550 ish. If you can think of something just over, and it’s really worth it then do give it a mention.

Thanks,
Tomaz
do you know roughly how much that is in US currency?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
£550 works out to be 1,159.98 USD according to one of those free converters.
id say an american strat would be pretty good for you
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
You know, I hate to tout my own equipment, but ever since I put .11 gage strings on here, this guitar can hit some seriously smooth jazz tones as well as biting rock. Definitely take a look at the American Deluxe line from Fender. Otherwise I would take a look at Carvin guitars for yah, never played one, but those that have love them.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
Check out an Ibanez S470 or RG1570. They are both awesome guitars, and are both equipped with reliable trems (ZR and Edge Pro, respectively). However, the S470 is Made In Korea as opposed to the RG1570 which is Made In Japan. The pickups are a tad mediocre on both guitars, but you if swap them out the guitars are pretty much amazing.

Also, check out the Washburn WI66PRO, X40PRO and X50PRO.
Most high quality Fenders will do the trick. Especially Telecasters...even something this awesomely crazy as this one. If you're worried about stability, get some Schaller tuners (since Fender uses them for their higher end guitars) and install those.
Well a good fender as previously mention. Isnt the Fenders players strat around £550, I hear its very good.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER