Hi all i'm looking to buy a new guitar soonish. But thought i would start looking now as i know that i take ages to decide on anything. Firstly, i'd say my maximum price i'm looking to spend would be about £500 ($950 roughly). I currently have a Ibanez RG321MH and i'm looking to buy something that sounds better than what i already have and feels good to play as well.

The style i want to play and listen to is more a modern metal type sound. Bands i listen to include: Opeth, Dream Theater, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Symphony x, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God etc... But i also listen to stuff like Steve vai and Eric Johnson stuff like that as well. Hope that gives you an idea. I was looking at some of the Jackson Dinkys not too long ago but i'm not 100% convinced at the moment. Any advice would be much appreciated preferably from own experiences. Cheers
Nothing special, i mainly play through my PODxt. But my amp is just a roland cube 30, however with my pod it sounds a hell of a lot better. But when i record i record through my pod direct to my computer
Matters you playing lead or Rythem?

but just some suggestions

Pro Series DK2 Dinky

Pro Series DK2M Dinky™
I want to be able to play both rhythm and lead. Ok cool i'll check those out thanks
Last edited by ste89 at Nov 8, 2007,
Those 2 seem pretty good, although i must say the DK2M looks pretty weird lol. I can see myself taking ages to decide on anything, any more ideas?
Have you considered a 7 string? It seems it would suit te type of music you play.
You can get an agile 7 string for pretty cheap of rondo music. I think they charge $75 to ship to the UK.
Otherwise theres the Ibanez S7320, the schecter C7 hellraiser etc...
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for all your thoughts guys. To be honest with you i don't really use my amp that much anymore. I mainly just play with my PODxt which i think is plenty good enough. Well i tend to get some saucy sounds out of it when i plug into my amp. But my headphones are aweful but luckily i'm getting some new ones for christmas which are costing around £70 so i'm hoping they'll do the business.

I'm not sure i can get schecter guitars here in the UK or at least i haven't seen them around before. Maybe i'll double check that. I've thought about getting a 7 string before but i'm not really sure. They seem good but i don't really see myself wanting a 7th string. My current guitar teacher uses them, and while they're good and stuff i don't see myself needing that.
Quote by ste89
Hi all i'm looking to buy a new guitar soonish. But thought i would start looking now as i know that i take ages to decide on anything. Firstly, i'd say my maximum price i'm looking to spend would be about £500 ($950 roughly). I currently have a Ibanez RG321MH and i'm looking to buy something that sounds better than what i already have and feels good to play as well.

The style i want to play and listen to is more a modern metal type sound. Bands i listen to include: Opeth, Dream Theater, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Symphony x, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God etc... But i also listen to stuff like Steve vai and Eric Johnson stuff like that as well. Hope that gives you an idea. I was looking at some of the Jackson Dinkys not too long ago but i'm not 100% convinced at the moment. Any advice would be much appreciated preferably from own experiences. Cheers

If you like the Ibanez neck, stick with it. If you want a floating trem, then get a RG1570 and upgrade the pickups (the bridge to a Steve's Special or D Activator). You should at least try upgrading your amp (get some add-ons and try good headphones). If you don't and want killer tone, an RGA121 will fit your budget exactly. Here's a nice one on UK eBay.