Ok dudes......my budget is $300 US ...........and I want some recording software.....something I can record guitar bass vocals all that and something that has something where i can generate some drums........and mix it and get it to sound somewhat like a professional recording
Going Forward One Step At A Time
http://www.guitar.co.uk/recording/multi_track/797-boss_br600_multitrack_recorder

i would get one of those, im saving for one at the moment and ive heard good reviews about it, it has a drum machine etc
it would mean saving up bout $70 more though...

i would check out the line 6 website for software but i dont know if it would work or not
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by Sammy2K7
http://www.guitar.co.uk/recording/multi_track/797-boss_br600_multitrack_recorder

i would get one of those, im saving for one at the moment and ive heard good reviews about it, it has a drum machine etc
it would mean saving up bout $70 more though...

i would check out the line 6 website for software but i dont know if it would work or not

Nooooooo don't get one of those.

If you already have a computer, you can do a lot more with software and an interface than one of those.

Now, TS, do you own a Mac or PC? Also, do you already own an audio interface? Because you will need one, which you have to take into account with your budget.

That being said, alot of interfaces come with software.
Get an M box and Pro tools. Search on ebay for it.
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
How do you plan on getting your sources into the computer? That is as important if not more important than just the software.
I have no idea what in interface is........could someone explain?.......I have a pc
Going Forward One Step At A Time
Quote by bloodsport2256
I have no idea what in interface is........could someone explain?.......I have a pc

The interface will take your analog signal and convert it to digital. Your current soundcard does the same thing but since the basic soundcard only has to be good at converting digital to analog it will be crap for recording. Basic interfaces today will usually have mic preamps too.
You know there is so much free, professional-grade software out there, right?

Ardour - Replaces CuBase, ProTools, Sonar etc.
Hydrogen - Great drum machine
ZynAddSubFX - Greatest synthesizer, ever! Link fixed*
amSynth - Immitates analogue synthesis from devices like the miniMOOG
LADSPA - Bunch of free, open-source plugins. Everything you could possibly need. Bye-bye VST
JACK - Low-latency audio server that ties it all together

There's much more, but this is enough for a basic studio, and it doesn't cost you a dime. Spend money on hardware, not bits and bytes.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Last edited by Muphin at Nov 11, 2007,
Well your going to need an interface first, but with a good interface I can get wonderful quality recordings, in the free program audacity, google it if you dont already have...im no help on the drum situation though.