A couple months ago I posted a thread on how I was starting a dreadlock on the side of my head. I had gotten out of the shower and noticed a very dry, tangled section of hair, so I back combed it for awhile and then let it do the rest. I think its come pretty far for just a few months. It just needs a little more locking up before it can be considered a complete dreadlock. I have one in the back of my head as well that I've had for probably almost a year and its very tight. So here is the progress:

And up close:

And normal:

The yellow thing is one of those wristbands you can see on my wrist. It broke off so I decided why not tie it around my dread? So anyways I'm going to eventually dread my whole head. I'm waiting until my hair is long enough. I want it to be chest level for awhile before I destroy it.

I don't like the way this dread gets fat on the end lol, but I don't really care that much. Its also like almost impossible to roll because its not round at the end. I was thinking, what if I simply cut a little off on both sides, to make it more normal/round? Bad idea? Does anyone remember the first thread?

(No I'm not going to use any of these on my myspace. LAWL)

EDIT: And to the ladies, do you think this is gross? I've gotten that from a few chix.
We're only strays.
...Man I don't give a shit!

, I kid, but honestly I think dreadlocks just look stupid, there are loads of people in my town who them them and they just look disgusting.
Funny words.
I don't think it's gross. Do what you want, it's your head. Although i hear they're extremely difficult to manage. My best friend had them for awhile and got so fed up she had to take them out.
As long as you don't start smoking a joint every hour, speaking in bad imitation Jamaican patois and going on and on about Bob Marley, it's all good.

I was considering getting dreadlocks, but I realised I prefer my hair short. Plus, I don't like fitting into stereotypes.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Fromotion8389
I don't think it's gross. Do what you want, it's your head. Although i hear they're extremely difficult to manage. My best friend had them for awhile and got so fed up she had to take them out.

Well, Rastafarian's keep an oath to never touch their hair, and they have the very best dreads - they're just a little gross though.
We're only strays.
Dreads FTW! One day I'll grow my hair long enough to get dreadlocks. Plus I'm half jamaican so its almost obligatory. (sp?)