seems pretty cool. i liked that bass fill u did where all the guitars and stuff went silent. id put in quite a few solos to make it more interesting and maybe other parts of the riffs where the guitar has an abrupt stop and then comes back in again just to make it more interesting.

also i think after that riff that has that litttle ascending then descending then ascending again lick that ends with the pinch harmonic on the F note on the D (3rd string) should have a part where the bass and drums cut out or only use the highhat and ride for a little and that little fill scale should have a similar few to complement it from the beginning like...
                                                     AH
---------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------4--------3-2----------------
--------------------------------------3---5---4------3--------------
-----------------------2-5------2-4---------6------------------------
------------------0-3------0-1--------------------------------------

u can send me 10% of ur sales for this song when that lick makes u famous

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

it was pretty good, but you lack real riff variety. most of your riffs are straight trem picking which gets boring fast IMO also some of the power chrod riffs are pretty much impossible to play at that speed unless you have 2 guitar parts playing it (1 with the 1st 1 with the 5th) but yeah, id like to hear it recorded for sure. but try to experiment a little more than just standard trem picking most of the time
I liked it, but unfortunately couldn't listen to it all. Because of the constant trem picking, the part with the power chords and the funky bass was cool, but having to stand all that trem picking was irritating me and giving me a headache. Try and spice up the trem a bit more and make it more melodic and stand out. Other than that, I liked it.
-->Chris D.<--

that's like saying you might wanna try out this guitar but I just wanna warn you the action blows and it sounds like a bunch morons trying to screw a door knob

its good and id prolly listen to it as it was a real recordning.. but i wouldnt say its to tech... add a solo and some other stff
Quote by kashmirianvoodo
its good and id prolly listen to it as it was a real recordning.. but i wouldnt say its to tech... add a solo and some other stff

how wouldnt you say it was tech?

people seem to judge tech in relation to how close it sounds to necrophagist these days theres alot of different types of technical death metal out there people.
right =P

i think that the bass fill would've been better without the pause between it and the next riff.

the first riff is kind of repetitive the part at bar 8 is awesome =]

I'm not sure if I like the riff at bar 11, again kind of repetitve, but would be better with vocals

tbh, its quite repetitive, It'd be good with vocals though.
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
so awesome!!! i loved every bit of it, good job man!
If anyone would like to collaborate with me via internetz, pm me.
I really didn't like that... I don't mean to sound like a royal dick, but it really can't be classified as "Tech" if you don't explore the use of other time signatures, tempo changes or even just try and NOT tremolo through 8 notes per bar... it sounds way too square and mechanic... Sorry bud. The riffs after bar 22 (the ones not repeated from earlier in the song) sound generally better than the first few, the harmony and accents on them were a little more original than the standard Cannibal Corpse style of DM. Overall, I thought the more "Tech-y" parts of the song just lacked inspiration, they were too mechanic... it's fast, but it's not harmonically pleasing to hear minor third intervals descending chromatically like that. And you know, as well as I do, that the transitions and drums in the entire song, as it is, are non existent.

I'd like to see an edited version of this... approach it with your producer "cap" on, add plenty of variety to the tremolo riffs or cut them outright. Try to not use the same over-used transition between riffs (bass or one guitar alone plays it once and then everyone comes in) and definitly breath some life into the drums... blast beats through the entire song just saturate the listeners ear.

Anyway, sorry for being an ass, I just want to be honest, not acting like a prick.

Best of luck!

...and would you PLEASE review my bands songs?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721078
Quote by leo_p8
I really didn't like that... I don't mean to sound like a royal dick, but it really can't be classified as "Tech" if you don't explore the use of other time signatures, tempo changes or even just try and NOT tremolo through 8 notes per bar... it sounds way too square and mechanic... Sorry bud. The riffs after bar 22 (the ones not repeated from earlier in the song) sound generally better than the first few, the harmony and accents on them were a little more original than the standard Cannibal Corpse style of DM. Overall, I thought the more "Tech-y" parts of the song just lacked inspiration, they were too mechanic... it's fast, but it's not harmonically pleasing to hear minor third intervals descending chromatically like that. And you know, as well as I do, that the transitions and drums in the entire song, as it is, are non existent.

I'd like to see an edited version of this... approach it with your producer "cap" on, add plenty of variety to the tremolo riffs or cut them outright. Try to not use the same over-used transition between riffs (bass or one guitar alone plays it once and then everyone comes in) and definitly breath some life into the drums... blast beats through the entire song just saturate the listeners ear.

Anyway, sorry for being an ass, I just want to be honest, not acting like a prick.

Best of luck!

...and would you PLEASE review my bands songs?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721078

I agree 100%. Tech songs still have to have motifs in them, they have to be memorable. Don't just make it techy for the sake of being tech.
Man...That did not sound like technical death metal, it sound more like grindcore, like of an album napalm death or slipknot would pulp out, the drums alone sound like the start of WWIII! Its sound pretty good but it NEEDS vocals, gets way to repetitive and boring and also the drums need some sort of varation, it really gets old after the 18 bar.
Man...That did not sound like technical death metal, it sound more like grindcore, like of an album napalm death or slipknot would pulp out, the drums alone sound like the start of WWIII! Its sound pretty good but it NEEDS vocals, gets way to repetitive and boring and also the drums need some sort of varation, it really gets old after the 18 bar.
Very impressive, it had a huge Cryptopsy None So Vile feel

Check out my 2 songs if you would
hmm, not really my style of music, but for the style you did an excellent job
this reminds of a lot of Mastodon, the first riff was quite a slayer rip though I'm not gonna lie to ya
solos maybe?
i like the diminished bit, i forget what bar it was but it was the only tapping part, that was pretty neet
btw, can you tell me how to post your songs in your sig? or to even have a sig for that matter haha, i still haven't figured it out
Quote by vanhalenforever
hmm, not really my style of music, but for the style you did an excellent job
this reminds of a lot of Mastodon, the first riff was quite a slayer rip though I'm not gonna lie to ya
solos maybe?
i like the diminished bit, i forget what bar it was but it was the only tapping part, that was pretty neet
btw, can you tell me how to post your songs in your sig? or to even have a sig for that matter haha, i still haven't figured it out

If you go to view threads, there should be a bar called control panel. There you can select edit signature. Then make a thread about your song and post the link to that thread in you signature.
Btw, since I made this thread I have improved this song and removed some tremolo parts.
well, the first few riffs sounded pretty lame. nothing but tremolo picking. I didnt like the drums either. Some of the stuff you couldn't even play. Your power chord riffs are random and lame. followed by more random tremolo picking. All leads up to a random stop. Everything is repeated. You have no structure or anything. So far its pretty crap as far as im concerned. It doenst even looked as though you tried to be honest. But whatever, thats just my opinion.

Quote by lceman13
You have nice hair!