Ok heres the deal. Im a 6th form student who does alot of work at home aswell as at school. I need something to transfer my work from palce to place so i own an 1gb SD card and a portable card reader. I recently bought a 1gb card because my 256mb wasnt big enough. Anyway here's the problem.

I put some stuff onto the 1gb card and took it to school. When i tried opening it, it said i had to format it. Now i couldn't at school cause you have to be an admin. So when i got home, i formatted the card and put everything back on again. I checked it on my dads computer and it worked fine.

So i took it to school again today and again, it said i had to format it. Then i tried it again later in the day in another lesson and it opened!
When i closed it and tried opening it again though, it said i needed to format it again and it still does.

What's the hell is the problem. I've formatted it already but it still wont work. I've looked on the net but cant find anything to be honest of interest.

I dont get why it worked all of a sudden out of nowhere but then just stopped.

Any ideas?
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
i think its just the actual comp that your at in the class...
i dont ususally use sticks for transferring stuff from comp to comp. id stick to USB thumbdrives. theyre alot cheaper too
It is't the computer because i tried it on like 3 different ones.

'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
It is't the computer because i tried it on like 3 different ones.

Back in the day of floppy disks, I remember having this problem a couple times...all I did was just use a new disk...SD cards arn't as cheap as floppies obviously I know...

So I say just use what everyone else uses, a USB stick...I have never had/seen problems with em so far. And then yeh also don't have to carry a portable card reader around too.
Ok thanks.

Well i just bought a 1gb mem stick now for only £5 so it seems like the ebst way to go.