So after a few years of good service my iPod mini is shot. Instead of getting another apple product I think I'm going to get a different music player all together. I know about Zune but thats about it.....what would you guys reccomend?
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
An iPod.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Archos has some awesome ones. Toshiba gigabeat is pretty good, iRiver clix is outstanding. What are you wanting to accomplish? Tiny and compact, or video?
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Anything that will play music...and that holds a lot of songs. With the mini I've constantly had to delete songs to fit new ones on (it holds up 1200 songs). Of course now its so ****ted up that it wont even take off or add songs. I mean I want a good quality product...but price is also a factor. I don't wanna spend an ungodly amount of money for features I'll never use.
-John Lennon
Sony Walkman Videos are awesome. Not bricks and they dont have irritating programmes needed. So much easier
ipod mini is for girls. why not try a real mans ipod? you wouldnt have to constantly delete songs off of it.
Gear nut
zune is great, though i had some problems with the software at first
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Minkaro
I have a Creative Zen.

It's cool. Get one of those to be just like me

Creatives are awesome. Buy one. Today.
Sony walkman.
I've got one, only holds like 290 songs, but still.
I don't see why all my friends complain " omfg, my iPod hasn't got any space left, it's only got 4000 songs on it aswell!" and they aren't even into music!!!!
Quote by Minkaro
I have a Creative Zen.

+1

Except you don't wanna be like me.

But Zens rule.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by mrryan
ipod mini is for girls. why not try a real mans ipod? you wouldnt have to constantly delete songs off of it.

Well my brother has a video so I know what thats like...I dunno I just wanna see what else is out there.

Oh and I forget to mention.....it has to be compatible with itunes. I'm assuming that a lot of these new ones are designed to be compatible with itunes though.
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Nov 8, 2007,
Good luck with trying to find a non-Apple music player that's compatible with iTunes....
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
I dunno (^ @ Guitar_Obsessed) I found my Sony Walkman fine, then it just stopped working - everytime I hooked it up to my computer it wiped every song from the MP3 player.

So, now I have to find another better MP3 player too.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by About 2 Snap
Good luck with trying to find a non-Apple music player that's compatible with iTunes....

I thought that they were making some of these newer ones compatible with itunes
-John Lennon
FUK IPOD!
I had a iRiver, now i have a Samsung thingy. Both are really cool. don't get an iPod, PLEASE don't. Apple laptops are OK, ipod are not. its not so much the ipod, its the god forsaken itunes they force you to use.
My archos is frigging amazing, if you want something purely for music it's definately the way to go - they're really individual and give you everything you want. I got mine about a year ago for around £100 for 20gigs, now there's an updated colour version for around the same price for photos etc as well, don't see how you could go wrong.

And i'm not even a sales rep for archos.

Edit: not sure if it's compatible with itunes, you may need to check that up
Originally Posted By tortillamaster
GUITARS: jugga jiga wa jugga jig wa jugga jiga wa jugga jig wa meedley meedley meedley meedley meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

My dmusic

I love you but I've chosen darkness
Last edited by potatoes rock at Nov 8, 2007,
I have a Zune and it is great, plus they just came out with smaller Zune's which are cool. If you have a pretty old PC, the Zune Player won't work that well.

Creative Zen's are really good I hear. Never used one myself though.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Fishyesque
An iPod.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Archos has some awesome ones. Toshiba gigabeat is pretty good, iRiver clix is outstanding. What are you wanting to accomplish? Tiny and compact, or video?

Agreed, I've used both Archos and Toshiba Gigabeat. Archos one broke after about a year but honestly I did abuse it. I'm still using the Gigabeat after a year+ but it gets scratched easily.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
the Creative Zen ones are pretty good.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
wait till the new Zunes come out.
zune FTW
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
the Creative Zen ones are pretty good.

Yeah, get a Vision M, they're awesome
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Minkaro
I have a Creative Zen.

Quote by Pagan-Pie
Creatives are awesome. Buy one. Today.

Quote by raise_the_dead
+1

Except you don't wanna be like me.

But Zens rule.

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Creative zen

Quote by filthandfury
Creative Zen > All

they all told ya, and I'm gonna tell ya the same, get a creative zen, it is awesome, I have a zen V plus myself and I love it
i use Creative Zen's. But im considering the Zune as my next investment
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.