So i decided tuesday to learn an intermediate solo, since I really didn't know any. I picked the second solo in sweet child of mine (big surprise, huh?). I broke it down into sections, because I figure that's the best way to do it. I'm working on the first lick of it, starting slow and working my way up. It only takes 10-15 minutes to get it up to speed every time I play it, and I also go above the actual tempo. Still though, if I sit down later and play it I don't play it perfect 100% of the time (I'd say about 80% of the time i nail it). should I keep working at it until I can play it perfectly 100%, or should I move on?
Play it, enjoy it, move on... come back to it, enjoy playing it.

BTW Do mean the end solo where the wah kicks in?
If solo check out my vid, it may be helpful to you.

http://discoverguitaronline.com/videos/view/246

Havent done the 1st or 2nd solos yet, mainly because this seems to be the one everyone wants to learn.
Quote by GuitarMunky
Play it, enjoy it, move on... come back to it, enjoy playing it.

BTW Do mean the end solo where the wah kicks in?
If solo check out my vid, it may be helpful to you.

http://discoverguitaronline.com/videos/view/246

Havent done the 1st or 2nd solos yet, mainly because this seems to be the one everyone wants to learn.

yeah that's the one. you do it a little differently then I do though, but that's because I changed it up a bit. I thought it'd be more efficient to keep it in one general area instead of jumping around. I definitely enjoy it though. I can spend an hour practicing it, and it might only seem like 5 minutes. It is still a little frustrating though when you've spent 4 hours on a lick that isn't that hard and you still can't nail it all the time. thanks for the reply
well, I just played through it some more in power tab. Out of 40 times in a row at full tempo, I only messed up three times. So I figure that's pretty much as good as I can possibly get it, because even slash messes it up sometimes. go ahead and close or delete this please.
Quote by Spamwise
yeah that's the one. you do it a little differently then I do though, but that's because I changed it up a bit. I thought it'd be more efficient to keep it in one general area instead of jumping around. I definitely enjoy it though. I can spend an hour practicing it, and it might only seem like 5 minutes. It is still a little frustrating though when you've spent 4 hours on a lick that isn't that hard and you still can't nail it all the time. thanks for the reply

if you mean the harmonic minor wah run... thats actually a pretty difficult part. I would consider this solo to be an advanced solo, not intermediate. The NPS crowd may disagree, but to play that solo and make it sound like slash, that takes some skill.
Quote by GuitarMunky
if you mean the harmonic minor wah run... thats actually a pretty difficult part. I would consider this solo to be an advanced solo, not intermediate. The NPS crowd may disagree, but to play that solo and make it sound like slash, that takes some skill.

lol, well thanks for that. I definitely think some people around here use the word "easy" too loosely.