Well in a bit im thinking of getting a new 50 watt tube amp because my Marshall mg sucks ass frankly so im thinking of a peavey xxx witch is 60 watt but that's ok are there any other amps like this but better out there my budget is 400-500 gbp I play rock, classic rock, metal, and other stuff like that so any suggestions?
That won't really cut it. It has nowhere near enough overdrive for those styles, to be honest. I'd suggest looking into a used JCM800 combo, or maybe a Peavey Windsor if you don't use cleans.
Quote by wyantsm
Fender hot-rod deville 212. AMAZING 60W(rms) 2x12

Could that do metal? I heard it had pretty poor overdrive
people give 5150 cleans a bad review but I wonder how many people have actually owned one??? I did and thought you could get decent cleans out of it. overall the 5150 is the best amp i've ever played....i got rid of it so I could get a ton more stuff to get more sounds but now I wish I kept it!! i still have the cab and will buy another when i have the money but moral of the story is save up and get a 5150II.....the thing is unreal
a XXX is a decent amp, and the 3 channels are great. You don't have to get a Peavey 5150 like everyone says. And a XXX has a pretty decent clean channel, and the overdrive can get very powerful.
well i have a gt8 so that will help with cleans so im not boo botherd but id like the cleans to be decent
engl blackmore
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
if your searching for a combo i can highly recommend the engl screamer...you get them new for
€ 950
my gear:

Quote by dickeskind
if your searching for a combo i can highly recommend the engl screamer...you get them new for
€ 950

600 pound thats a tad too expencive for me
Id say maybe a Peavey Classic 50. Or a Laney VC50. Either of those would do great with Classic rock, and with an OD, it would do metal pretty well id think.
yea than i would go with a Laney VC50 although the Engls would be wicked for metal
with the Laney you wont get any harder than black sabbath, maybe metallica....
my gear: