Hey all, I'm new at playing guitar and at Ultimate Guitar and I was wondering if the Dean Vendetta XM, which can be found at http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Vendetta-XM-Electric-Guitar-103933354-i1147572.gc was any good for all around, if its of any use my favorite bands entail Nirvana, Buckethead, John Mayer, U2, Audioslave, the Smashing Pumpkins, and the Beatles.
Last edited by Bentheemo at Nov 8, 2007,
whats you're price range? Screw it Just try an agile. Rondomusic.net you'll get a better deal with a better guitar and probably a set in neck depending on what you look at.
My price range is $200 and lower, although I would spend a little more for a better guitar..
Id go with a Squier Fat Strat, as it can do almost anything from Nirvana to John Mayer. Maybe put some new pickups, at least a new humbucker in. Agile and pretty much anything from Rondo Music is good.
Go Agile.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Get an agile they're very good for a low price. Im sure an agile Les paul would be perfect for nirvana-mayer.
my first 'tar was a fat strat, loves it. i played a lot of 'rvana then too.
Gear nut
Wouldn't that look kinda weird, a complete noob with a les paul look alike? I mean I know about guitars just not how to play.

Edit: Any particular Agile Les Paul model suggestions?
Last edited by Bentheemo at Nov 8, 2007,
^ since when does owning a les paul make you look professional? more to the point, since when does any other guitar make you look unprofessional? (excepting overly spikey guitars)
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Rogue HH Set-Neck Ash.

I normally tend to shy away from Rogue products, but it's hard to deny the quality of specs on this guitar .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
DONT BUY A NEW GUITAR, save up for one thats actually going to work for you. Dean are generally crap. Please save up to 600 or 700 then look.
Quote by easthatred
DONT BUY A NEW GUITAR, save up for one thats actually going to work for you. Dean are generally crap. Please save up to 600 or 700 then look.

He's new at guitar.

I'm gathering that means he doesn't have one yet.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Try an SX fat strat from Rondo. Only 110 for an HSS strat that'll last through your beginning years.
id say get a squier or ibanez starter pack. its all you need to learn on
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
id say get a squier or ibanez starter pack. its all you need to learn on

Other than the fact that everything included in them suck ass.

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
Other than the fact that everything included in them suck ass.

agreed, but come on, when ur just learning, do u need sumthing great? u just want sumthing to get ur bearings and make sure ur committed.

i got really lucky and got a decent guitar in my squier started pack. i like it. and my friend was really impresses w/ its quality. so w/ the starter pack, u may get lucky....
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
does agile have any guitars with floyd rose but in a 6 string....all i seen were 7string.
Quote by shinedown98
does agile have any guitars with floyd rose but in a 6 string....all i seen were 7string.

Did you even look through their guitars?

Quote by seizetheday1103
agreed, but come on, when ur just learning, do u need sumthing great? u just want sumthing to get ur bearings and make sure ur committed.

You don't have to settle for crap, regardless of your playing ability .

You may as well get the guitar with the best specs since a good setup will make it playable.

You're going to realize a crap guitar is crap sooner or later.
Quote by utsapp89
well i realize my squier is crap thats y im getting a new guitar but compared to most of the other starter guitars, imo, i got a "diamond in the rough"
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
yes well i looked on that guys link rondomusic....and liek i said seen 7 string, wasnt sure if anyone knew of a 6 string they had with the floyd...cuz i didnt see it there. simple no woulda sufficed tho, thanks...
Quote by shinedown98
yes well i looked on that guys link rondomusic....and liek i said seen 7 string, wasnt sure if anyone knew of a 6 string they had with the floyd...cuz i didnt see it there. simple no woulda sufficed tho, thanks...

*sigh*

Agile PS-970 Floyd Amber

Agile PS-970 Floyd Black

Agile Reaper Black Chancery

Agile Reaper White Custom

Agile AL-2000 Floyd Black

Agile AL-2000 Floyd White

Agile Valkyrie 24 Floyd

Douglas WT-460 BK

Douglas WT-460 White

Douglas SH-1 Decal

Look harder next time .
Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 8, 2007,
The Agiles are good.

The SXs and Douglases are alright; they usually require a good setup by a luthier to be playable though (at least the SXs; I've never played a Douglas).
Quote by utsapp89
Thanks, a lot of people said agile, do you have any specific model which is good?
Quote by doctor woot
Try looking into Ibanez, they (imo) have the bestest low end guitars
no offense but my ass look at the ibanez GIO thats what he could get with 200 >_>
Quote by mrryan
my first 'tar was a fat strat, loves it. i played a lot of 'rvana then too.

do you know how to speak? I say go with a low end Ibanez, always a good choice.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000blkgd.html

200 bucks. Black LP copy with gold hardware. Grover tuners, light-ass 10 pounds.

You go with a <$200 Ibanez and you might as well just quit playing right now. The GIO I used to have was the most uninspiring disappointing axe I've ever played.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Thanks for all the help, and as I've never used Rondo before, I assume its trustworthy based on what people have said, thanks again.
If you do decide to go with the Agile Les Paul, you should know beforehand that their a little heavy compared to other guitars. I'm just letting you know this in case you might think weight might be a problem for you.

Otherwise, go for it! I got the Agile LP-2000 (in heritage cherry) as my first guitar, and it's honestly one of the best guitars I've ever played...uh, of course, I haven't played that many other guitars (that were set-up & clean) so take that as you will.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Dean's a good brand. I'd also look into ESP 50 series guitars...those with fixed bridges (Viper, H) or non-floating trems. Used Schecter Omens are also a good idea. I tend to promote the "try before buy" philosophy, as if you don't like the guitar in the first place, it's very likely you'll never continue playing. If Agile has a return policy, then make sure you know exactly what it means and save some money for return shipping. Don't forget to include extra money for amps, gig bags, picks, extra strings, a tuner (if the amp/multieffects pedal doesn't have one) and cable.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by 1sebastian1
no offense but my ass look at the ibanez GIO thats what he could get with 200 >_>

lmao, I didn't see the 200 part....

well, the only really good guitars you could get at that price would be in pawn shops, most other stuff is just....pleh.

and DONT waste your moneh on a starter kit, you'll soon find they are nowhere near as good as they give themselves credit for...

[url="It has a humbucker!
does agile have any guitars with floyd rose but in a 6 string....all i seen were 7string.-shinedown98.

Yes they have the ps970,a les paul, a sg type and a roades type.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
do you know how to speak? I say go with a low end Ibanez, always a good choice.

Yeah, I know how ter speak, its teh 'yping I'm 'errible at! HAHAHA!
Gear nut