Hello fellow UGers.

I just watched this stupid movie wivh is 3 documentaries.

I only watched the first part abut religion.

Here it is.

Ok, So I'm an atheist. And this movie speaks about how religion is false etc.
But still this seems like soo much bull****...

I'm not good at religion... but the sun god Horus never got crusified did he?

Check out the move and tell me what you think.
Hey, I've seen this before, and it makes a pretty solid case about the religions. i don't know but it's hard to argue it, y'know. It would be better if they weren't so biased and argued the point a bit more. But yeah, I'm prepared to believe it, it does make an awful lot of sense.
I think it's a trashtalk video about christianity.

This is soo stupid.
This is the proof that some nice editing and made up facts can make people belive almost anything.
if you believe that u might as well believe the conspiracy theories behind 9/11 that does have sum scarily solid evidence
yea i saw the movie and only got through the religion part. things like they talked about all of those gods being "born" on the same day is complete bull.
I like the arguments against religion. I think it's the best proof (be it true or false) against religion ever conceived. You know the astrological circle appears so often in all religions, even aboriginal spirituality.

The 9/11 stuff... I believe that the US Government knew about the attacks and let them happen. I know that it wasn't just the plane crashes that sent the buildings to their grave, but I don't think the US Gov. masterminded it.

And part 3, no comment.

You know they do cite their sources on their web site. You can dig deeper. For example, Horus was born on Dec. 25th:

Massey, Gerald.: The Historical Jesus and the Mythical Christ, The Book Tree, . Page 39-40
Septehenses, Clerk De.: Religions. of the Ancient. Greeks, p. 214.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Last edited by Muphin at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by Renfordoggz
if you believe that u might as well believe the conspiracy theories behind 9/11 that does have sum scarily solid evidence

For future reference, people don't take you seriously when your typing sucks that much.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
i thought it was a convincing argument. i never heard about all of those other "gods" having the same traits as jesus. that was the only part i didnt buy into. the rest of it about how it all comes from astrology makes alot of sense.

part 2 of the movie made the most convincing argument about 9/11. most people who try to say the government was involved sound like a bunch of nut jobs. this, however, was much more believable.

and part 3 is just scary, but the part i have the most trouble believing. im not going into details but honestly, it could go either way.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I'm watching it now, is the person talking at the start too chicken to have their face shown!?
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Well they say that the christian cross is taken from the zodiak... because if you cut in the zodiak symbol you can get the christian symbol???

That's like sayinw we're all nazis because if we cut some in our window frames we can make those nazi crosses.

And the "resemblance" between the gods is soo much bull.
Since when did horus have the EXACT same history as jesus???

I'm soo mad.
Quote by Rancor-Droid
Well they say that the christian cross is taken from the zodiak... because if you cut in the zodiak symbol you can get the christian symbol???

That's like sayinw we're all nazis because if we cut some in our window frames we can make those nazi crosses.

I'm soo mad.

Do not rant about something you do not know much about. "Since when did horus have the EXACT same history as jesus???"

Research it and you will be surprised. Of course not ALL of it is the same, but there a lot of similarities. Please read upon it rather than dismissing it straight away and telling everyone how mad you are.
Quote by Rancor-Droid
I think it's a trashtalk video about christianity.

This is soo stupid.
This is the proof that some nice editing and made up facts can make people belive almost anything.

I haven't seen it, but my friend(who has his degree in theology and is a devout christian) said its complete and utter garbage.

I don't think i even want to waste my time to watch it... lol
The movie is whatever you make of it based on your own personal beliefs. I'm an atheist whose a skeptic and is interested in stuff like the New World Order and Illuminati and things like that, so I personally enjoy this movie. Anybody whose deeply into religion and isn't a skeptic will dismiss it right away, but I don't blame them.

It's funny because most people who dismiss the movie don't even get past the first part and think the entire thing is about disproving religion.
Quote by michal23
Do not rant about something you do not know much about. "Since when did horus have the EXACT same history as jesus???"

Research it and you will be surprised. Of course not ALL of it is the same, but there a lot of similarities. Please read upon it rather than dismissing it straight away and telling everyone how mad you are.

Well give me proof then.

I couldn't find any information on horus being born on the 25th or being cruisified or bort to a virgin...
Quote by Rancor-Droid

I'm soo mad.

Like I said, zetigeistmovie.com cites it's sources. Your arguments are way off-base. You can't compare a window-frame to religious archetypes. Do your research, get off your high-horse, then come and have a discussion with UG.

Quote by Rancor-Droid
Well give me proof then.

I couldn't find any information on horus being born on the 25th or being cruisified or bort to a virgin...

I told you already, check the damn web page! Not every fact in the world can be found on google, there are things called books. You can find them in the library.

Massey, Gerald.: The Historical Jesus and the Mythical Christ, The Book Tree, . Page 39-40
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Part 1: Pretty damn solid playing upon man's ability to create...Man has no ability to create, only to use the things around him.

Part 2: Pretty convincing and pretty sad. Seems like most of the people there saw things contra to the governments stance. And the pentagon covering up the destruction before it was investigated properly was a bit strange.

Part 3: It was eery, but the bank thing is not entirely wrong. Banks are the evil of the world, but that goes without saying.
Jesus probably wasn't born on the 25th anyways, cause that's winter, and the sheperds were out tending their flocks. (or something like that). We just celebrate christmas on that day..if you even want to call this commercialized crap christmas.
Quote by Rancor-Droid
Well give me proof then.

"A connection between Jesus and Horus-Osiris is frequently raised by critics of the historicity of Jesus, who argue that he was a mythical figure (see Jesus-Myth). Superficially, the death and resurrection of Horus-Osiris, and Horus' nature as both the son of Osiris and Osiris himself, appear to be a template for the idea that this occurred in Jesus.

Deeper similarities between Horus and Jesus, which are not at all obvious to those who are not completely familiar with ancient Egyptian mythology and linguistics, have been said by some to mean that certain elements of the story of Jesus were embellishments, which were copied from the Horus as syncretism. Indeed, according to a few more radical scholars, Jesus was copied from Horus wholesale, and made into a Jewish teacher. In particular, it is said that Horus is the basis for the elements assigned to the M Gospel (the bits in Matthew which are not in the Q Gospel or Mark) and the L Gospel (the bits in Luke which are not in the Q gospel or Mark), especially the infancy narratives. "

http://www.crystalinks.com/horus.html

also check this out

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread290806/pg1

This is first page google stuff - you obviously haven't been searching very well.
Quote by Muphin
Like I said, zetigeistmovie.com cites it's sources. Your arguments are way off-base. You can't compare a window-frame to religious archetypes. Do your research, get off your high-horse, then come and have a discussion with UG.

I told you already, check the damn web page! Not every fact in the world can be found on google, there are things called books. You can find them in the library.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Do you guys know that part three - thats the part on the new world order, right? - aligns pretty much perfectly with the protestant Christian beliefs of the "end times," as they call it? Its pretty ironic that within the same movie there is a section dedicated to disproving religion, and another that verifies some very big doctrines of the Bible with almost %100 accuracy.
We're only strays.
Quote by primusfan
I like the arguments against religion. I think it's the best proof (be it true or false) against religion ever conceived. You know the astrological circle appears so often in all religions, even aboriginal spirituality.

if that's the best proof against religion, i'm on easy street.

1) Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.

Let’s take this one apart and deal with each separate issue:

Horus’ mother was not a virgin. She was married to Osiris, and there is no reason to suppose she was abstinent after marriage. Horus was, per the story, miraculously conceived. Seth had killed and dismembered Osiris, then Isis put her husband's dead body back together and had intercourse with it. In some versions, she used a hand-made phallus since she wasn't able to find that part of her husband. So while it was a miraculous conception, it was not a virgin birth.

Also, she was just "Isis", not "Isis-Meri". Acharya's footnotes don't provide evidence for the claim of Isis being a virgin or for "Meri" being part of her name. Only Christ-mythers make the claim that "Meri" was part of her name.

Horus was supposedly born on the last day of the Egyptian month of Khoiak, which corresponds on our calendars to November 15th.

Horus was born in a swamp, not a cave/manger. Acharya's footnotes for this point only make the claim that Jesus was born in a cave, and say nothing about Horus being born in one.

Horus' birth was not announced by a star in the east

There were no “three wise men” at Horus’ birth, or at Jesus’ for that matter (the Bible never gives the number of wise men, and they showed up at Jesus’ home, not at the manger, and probably when Jesus was a year or two old).

Acharya's source for the last two claims appears to be Massey, who says "the Star in the East that arose to announce the birth of the babe (Jesus) was Orion, which is therefore called the star of Horus. That was once the star of the three kings; for the 'three kings' is still a name of three stars in Orion's belt . . . " Massey's apparently getting mixed up, and then the critics are misinterpreting it. Orion is not a star, but a constellation, of which the 'three kings' are a part. And even if there is a specific star called 'the star of Horus', there's no legend stating that it announced Horus' birth (as the critics are claiming) or that the 'three wise men' (the three stars in Orion's belt) attended Horus' birth in any way.

2) His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").

First of all, there is no parallel between the Egyptian name “Seb” and the Hebrew name “Joseph”, other than the fact that they’re common names. Also, Seb was Osiris’ father, not Horus’.

3) He was of royal descent.

This one’s true! But it's not really a comparison to Jesus. When followers speak of Jesus being of 'royal descent', they usually mean His being a descendent of King David, an earthly king. Horus was, according to the myth, descended from heavenly royalty (as Jesus was), being the son of the main god.

4) At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.

He never taught in any temple and was never baptized. Also, Jesus didn't 'disappear' in the years between His teaching in the temple and baptism. He worked humbly as a carpenter.

5) Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.

Again, Horus was never baptized. There is no “Anup the Baptizer” in the story.

6) He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").

Horus had four disciples (called ‘Heru-Shemsu&rsquo. There’s another reference to sixteen followers, and a group of followers called ‘mesnui’ (blacksmiths) who join Horus in battle, but are never numbered. But there’s no reference to twelve followers or any of them being named “Anup” or “Aan”.

7) He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.

He did perform miracles, but he never exorcised demons or raised his father from the dead. Also, Osiris is never referred to as ‘El-Azarus’ or ‘El-Osiris’ (clearly an attempt to make his name more closely resemble the Bible’s “Lazarus&rdquo.

8) Horus walked on water.

No, he did not.

9) His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."

Horus was never referred to as “Iusa” (nor was anyone in Egyptian history - the word does not exist) or “Holy Child”.

10) He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."

Horus never delivered such a sermon, and, as pointed out above, he was never referred to as “Iusa”.

11) Horus was transfigured on the Mount.

No, he was not.

12) He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and resurrected.

Horus was never crucified. There’s an unofficial story in which he dies and is cast in pieces into the water, then later fished out by a crocodile at Isis’ request. This unofficial story is the only one in which he dies at all.

13) He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God’s Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.

The only titles Horus is given are “Great God”, “Chief of the Powers”, “Master of Heaven”, and “Avenger of His Father”. None of the above titles are in any Egyptian mythology.

14) He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys"), Lamb and Lion.

He was never referred to as “the fisher”, and there are no lamb or lion in any of the stories. Acharya S.'s footnotes on this claim only show an association with fish (which is that Horus WAS a fish, unlike Jesus), with no evidence of his being called 'the fisher' or having any association with a lamb or lion.

15) He came to fulfill the Law.

There was no “law” he was supposed to fulfill.

16) Horus was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One."

He was never referred to by either of these titles. "Krst", in Egyptian, means "burial", by the way. It wasn't a title.

17) Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."

No mention of this in Egyptian mythology.

http://kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html

then there's his e-mail conversation with acharya s. herself:

http://kingdavid8.com/Letters/LetterJesusHorus.html

then one of her loyal followers (this one goes on for a long time):
http://kingdavid8.com/Letters/LetterHorusSunGod.html

these objections go straight to the source. not the movie itself, but its citations you're boasting about.
#DTWD
although religion is the main controversy from this movie in the first part, how about all the people who have only seen the first part watch the rest of it?

ive seen the damn thing 3 1/2 times. and there are many other aspects of the movie (other then religion) that are still controversial, more interesting, and more relevant to today.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Meths
Interesting, some good stuff.

Also a lot of bullsht.

That's probably the best way to describe this movie. Some of it is well researched facts, a lot is a guy pretty much throwing his opinion at you.

I thought the links between religions and astrology were the best points, and made good sense.
Jesus... the reason morons find it so hard to disprove is because they don't know anything on the subject and thus just accept this bollocks as truth.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>