I've been reading some reviews on MusiciansFriend.com and I've seen mixed opinions on the accuracy and dependability of these things.

Would anyone recommend these over traditional tuners?

THIS is the one I've been looking at. I just dont want to drop $50 if its gonna be a piece of sh*t. Anyone have any experience with it? Or can recommend a better one?
I have that, it works great in most cases, but not if it's really noisy.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
its not worth it... get a stage tuner if your playing shows or a regular chromatic tuner.... try a kprg of ssomething else... thats noot worth $50 though.
my friend has one, and its been at my house for a week or two, works pretty well, every once in the while it kinda goes out-of-whack but usually it works
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
^ Thats something totally different from what he was asking about. And I don't think I would ever use that on my instrument, it sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
the problem usually isn't with the tuner, but with the intonation of the guitar. many low end guitars will tune fine to open strings, then go out of tune as you play a G or C chord because the 3rd fret is slightly out of intonation.
Quote by Drowning!Waving
the problem usually isn't with the tuner, but with the intonation of the guitar. many low end guitars will tune fine to open strings, then go out of tune as you play a G or C chord because the 3rd fret is slightly out of intonation.

Why are you assuming my guitar is a low-end? Its not. It was set up at a shop last Sunday. The intonation is perfect. It's the tuning thats the problem.

That auto-tuner looks a little goofy. I dont think its something I'd want to use. I'll probably just get the clip-on one I linked in the original post. Thanks everyone.