The Paint/Finishing thread only has stuff about painting the WHOLE body of your guitar, and other things along those lines. I'm modding my Washburn G-IV right now, I've already don't a few things to it, but I want to give it a new look. I'm wanting to make it into my guitar for playing RATM stuff, so I want it to look like something Tom Morello would play. I have some "paint markers" here, which is just paint, but you can draw with it like a marker. Could I just use that, and draw right over the finish on the guitar? Or will I have to do some sort of sanding before, or some more finishing AFTER I draw on it?
Id say u would at least have to put a clear coat over it. I cant see any kind of paint staying on a guitar w/out a finish for too long.
Quote by qotsa1998
Id say u would at least have to put a clear coat over it. I cant see any kind of paint staying on a guitar w/out a finish for too long.

Does the clear coat HAVE to put on? I really don't want to take it all apart to put a clear coat on it. I don't have the time or patience. If I don't do that clear coat, is it just gonna fade/wear off fast, or what?

Remember I'm not painting the whole guitar, just doodling on it.
it's probably best to scuff it up with some sandpaper befoe, and then put a coat or two of clear on after
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]