ok so im thinking about getting a RG50TC and i was looking around at all the reviews and stuff and all seems good then i looked on youtube for vids of them, and in every vid before the person starts to play there is always buzzing, now i thorght this was a pretty good amp therefore shouldnt buzz but it still does, so do all amp buzz?

here is an example if what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4DUQf8YaIQ

cheers james
Amps with a lot of gain have some buzz.

You can get a Noise Gate if it bothers you.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It's perfectly normal...And you don't even hear it when you're playing.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
That's not a buzz, it's a hiss, caused by the really high gain settings. A lot of amps will do that if you turn the gain knob all the way up.
It's just noise from to much gain. If it annoys you too much you can buy a noise gate.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
yeah it realy does my head in, i have been thinking about getting a noise gate but dont know anything about them or how they work just that they stop noise
Do they take anything away from the sound of the guitar?
i like to do lots of pinch harmonacs as most generic metal heads do will it impeed them in anyway?

thanks james
Basically...

You set a threshold on your noise gate.

When the signal is lower than this threshold, no noise goes through.

When the signal is above this threshold (like when you play your guitar) the gate opens, letting sound go through .

You can usually set how long it takes for the gate to close after it's had a signal above the threshold.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
All amps do that. High gain will of course make it louder.

EDIT:
Noise gates, shielding jobs and noiseless pickups won't fix the fact that the amp itself hums/buzzes.
Noise gates, shielding jobs and noiseless pickups won't fix the fact that the amp itself hums/buzzes.

so how do pros like in bands and stuff be onstage and talk and stuff but we cant here the buzzing?

not saying your wrong u cleary know more on the subject than i.
Quote by wozzsta
so how do pros like in bands and stuff be onstage and talk and stuff but we cant here the buzzing?

not saying your wrong u cleary know more on the subject than i.

I'm talking about a much softer buzz. I just mean that no amp is completely noiseless (when the volume and gain is turned up), even by itself.
ok well thank for the help guys, when/if i ever get my new amp and it buzzes/hiss or what ever ill come back asking for more advice.

in the last few days i have learnt more about guitar and related stuff then in the last year, this site rocks
Ok soo i just got my Valveking and Fender 50th strat, and when I turn the gain up and use my Epiphone and turn on my EHX de-bugger, it doesn't buzz, but when I plug in my strat, it buzzes. If I get some noiseless pickups, will it stop most of the buzzing. And I understand all amps buzz because of high gain, must be my pickups because my les paul is fine.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
All strats buzz unless you do some work on them. Noiseless pickups will help a good bit and a good sheilding job will help you out a lot.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
How about tin foil around on the bottom of the pickguard?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by LPDave
Ok soo i just got my Valveking and Fender 50th strat, and when I turn the gain up and use my Epiphone and turn on my EHX de-bugger, it doesn't buzz, but when I plug in my strat, it buzzes. If I get some noiseless pickups, will it stop most of the buzzing. And I understand all amps buzz because of high gain, must be my pickups because my les paul is fine.

You need shield your Strat, and properly ground it.
Go here:
guitarnuts.com
I get my foil tape from stewmac.com

It reduces the noise level a lot.
Its called 60 cycle hum comes from the AC current we use. If using single coils there is no way to get rid of it except buy the noiseless pickups or stacked ones. Hence the term "humbucker" its why they are called that. You can get more noticable hum depending on whats on the circuit with the amp. Refrigerators and flourescents light will make it worse if on the same breaker. If you have the money you can buy a power conditioner. Its what bands and such use.