Hey UG!

The song's name is "trist väder" which means "boring weather". I woke up this morning, looked out of the window and saw that it was snowing heavily. An hour later it was all melted and it looked like it did yesterday... all gray and boring.

This song is far from complete, but I'd like to know what you guys think of the sound (not the quality as I know already that my 10 euro computer mic sucks) of the song.

I haven't put much time or effort into it, haven't done any mixing when it comes to the sound (like lowering the bass (which is a guitar) or taking away the random strums in the beginning etc).

Anyway, this is so much beta it can be, but you get a feeling of how the song will sound like when it's done. I'll put the solo later in the song etc in the final version and also add text that I'll sing, problem is... I can't write lyrics for **** and I've never tried to either. And I've played for maybe 1.5 - 2 years (one year was while in the army so that barely counts) so gimme a break will ya

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Hultan/music/all/play122789

Hmm... anything I've forgot now?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I used Audacity to do several layers of guitars
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Dec 1, 2007,
It all sounds just fine but the bends and harmonics sound odd and out of place.
Emo is conforming to unconformity and whining. Really, it is.
Yeah I guess, I'm just a starter when it comes to improvising solos. Thanks! And yeah, maybe I should delete that solo and do it again... You got me to think about it, and you're right about it now when I listen more to it.

To the second reply: Yeah I bet, haven't tuned it for a few days I think '

Anyway can't do **** now since my parents are asleep and there is no way in hell I can play with my amp now... should've bought the Tiny Terror! GRRR

Lol j/k
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Nov 8, 2007,
Got two more (unfinished) songs up now, have a listen if you want. I'm always too lazy to finish songs, I often just record these things so that I won't forget them

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Hultan/music/all/play142384

I hope the link works, otherwise you just have to visit my profile.

Oh and still, the quality is kinda... yeah you know, it's with a 10 euro mic connected to my computer, but you get the idea of how it sounds, I haven't done no mixing either. But don't judge such things, judge my creativity please
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
ok man i like all the recordings you made.....but your strumming patterns and cord progressions are a little generic. that is by no means a bad thing but you should try some cords that you're comfortable with and do some experimenting. Also make sure the guitars that you use are tuned to each other. Sometimes they sound slightly out of tune. You got a great start just keep going and see what happens.
PS nice ****in firepower! lol
Quote by GuitarEvan07
For the first song,
It sounded like a cool little line, but you need to tune your guitar, and just work on timing some! It could be a cool song though! Crit mine?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725782

Thanks thanks, I can't hear if my guitar is tuned or not, an A always sounds like an A to me. Thanks for telling me that I need to work on the timing, I listened to it again and noticed.

Quote by Collapsar
ok man i like all the recordings you made.....but your strumming patterns and cord progressions are a little generic. that is by no means a bad thing but you should try some cords that you're comfortable with and do some experimenting. Also make sure the guitars that you use are tuned to each other. Sometimes they sound slightly out of tune. You got a great start just keep going and see what happens.
PS nice ****in firepower! lol

I don't know what generic is
Should try cords that I am comfortable with and do some experimenting? ain't that like two completely different things? like experimenting is like finding something new, and something I am comfortable with is something I am used to.
Yeah, I still don't know how to hear the difference, I'll think about it next time.

Oh and yeah, it hurts to fire those things, it's like shooting a hundred bullets at the same time you kinda look like this ==> <== afterwards.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Thanks thanks, I can't hear if my guitar is tuned or not, an A always sounds like an A to me. Thanks for telling me that I need to work on the timing, I listened to it again and noticed.

I don't know what generic is
Should try cords that I am comfortable with and do some experimenting? ain't that like two completely different things? like experimenting is like finding something new, and something I am comfortable with is something I am used to.
Yeah, I still don't know how to hear the difference, I'll think about it next time.

Oh and yeah, it hurts to fire those things, it's like shooting a hundred bullets at the same time you kinda look like this ==> <== afterwards.

lol oops i meant to say NOT comfortable with sorry because yes that would make little sense.......lol i was really just trying to say do some experimenting.
Yeah, alright. But what do you mean with generic?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard