I can't decide on which to get. I know they're just about identical, but i'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with either of them or can offer any advice as to which one i should choose. I play mostly Incubus/Chevelle/mastodon style rock. Also, i'm getting a roland cube 60, so i need to know which will sound good with it.

Here are the links to each guitar:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Epiphone B-stock les paul
i think the studio is lighter
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
Hagstrom F-200.

Better build quality, electronics, pickups, and a very thin and fast neck.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Adz2706
...but really ugly ...

I think it looks awesome.

*shrug*
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'd go with the Standard. I haven't heard great things about the Studio...
Epi Studios are horrible. Gibson Studios are horrible compared to any other Gibson, same applies to Epi Studios against any other Epi. While Epi have improved their mid-range and above guitars by now using much better quality wood (and more importantly, the right species of wood), the Studios are still made from off-cuts of low-grade mahogany which is so crap it might as well not in fact be mahogany.

As for the Standard, you'll only be able to order that online, and never order any Epi online.

Epi's quality control is weird. A small amount of them are amazing, far better than anything else in the same price range. Most are average though, and worse than Tokai, Vintage, Agile, etc. A fair number are also totally rubbish and will fall apart in your hands, and obviously you don't want one of those.

You MUST try out an Epi before you buy it. Try out 8 or 9 (ideally 12 or 13) and pick out the very best one you find, and buy that one and only that one, don't accept one that's boxed up in the back of the shop or anything. And ordering online, buying from ebay, etc? Forget it. If online ordering is your only option, get a Tokai, an Agile, or a Vintage LP (in order of quality: Tokai, Vintage, Agile). Don't even think about ordering an Epi online.