hey guys i just uploaded my first song guitar track up on my profile, can u guys give it a listen and tell me what u think? it s a rough cut. its a metal song
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
The solo was well hard to listen to, it didn't really seem to go any where and just sounded like random out of tune bends. I would work on phrasing a lot and work having really good consistency, and good timing, with the entire song. Try and make every riff stand out and be memorable. Maybe try learning more about structuring verses, choruses, and the like. Learning other people's solo's and scales will really build your technique and give you a feel of how a solo should flow and give you some direction. I'm going to be honest it wasn't that great, but just putting out something is something a lot of people are too afraid to do and it shows you have the drive, you just need to focus it right.
the solo was just improv
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Right i understand that....but using some scales and certain patterns while you improvise will make your solos sound 100x better. Just because you're not fumbling around the fretboard trying to find notes that sound good, you know where to go next - and thus you know when you can go out the scales and when it's not such a good idea. It's kind of one of those learn the rules, and then break them things.